Black Myth: Wukong

Just finished my first playthrough. Really enjoyed this game had my heart pounding during boss fights. Think i got most items etc. Saw the different endings. Probably hold off on NG, and play something more laid back for a week, heart needs a break :D
I enjoyed it but had to resort to cheating to beat some of the bosses. I did the first chapter on NG+ and the difficulty was trivial even for someone as ham fisted as I am. Was nice to introduce the early game bosses to the late game gear and spells.

Just finished Chapter 2. That Tiger boss had me stumped for a while, so I went off and did some of the secret bosses & respecced then got him eventually. The final boss went down on the 3rd attempt, so the respec and few extra levels definitely helped.

I'm finding getting the black level right really hard in this game. At the end of chapter 2 it felt like I was either scrabbling around in the dark or being blinded by the light. Anyone else had that issue?

I've just completed the final boss and the game.

Without trying to spoil the game,

I found the creature in his stomach to be even more challenging. It's a fantastic game, though not great for maintaining blood pressure or keeping the language clean at home. I may revisit to give the New Game Plus a try in the future.
Spoiler below, kind of anyway.

Did you get the True ending, by defeating the optional boss? Missed it myself.

Last edited:
I'm finding getting the black level right really hard in this game. At the end of chapter 2 it felt like I was either scrabbling around in the dark or being blinded by the light. Anyone else had that issue?

I'm playing on PS5 + LG OLED and it is the same. HDR seems really messed up and I can't find a way to turn it off in game. It's not just you.

I'm playing on PS5 + LG OLED and it is the same. HDR seems really messed up and I can't find a way to turn it off in game. It's not just you.
Did some googling and turning the global illumination down to low has really helped. I had it on cinematic before and turned it to low.

Before:

N8KUyUI.png

After:

kWCWaL1.jpeg

Last edited:
Just beat the Black Bear Geui took me quite a few fights but it's satisfying when they go down. I'm to chapter 2 now and I can see the difficulty ramping up as even some of the npcs are tough. Good game though I don't know if I'll make it through to the end but it was worth a buy.

Just beat the Black Bear Geui took me quite a few fights but it's satisfying when they go down. I'm to chapter 2 now and I can see the difficulty ramping up as even some of the npcs are tough. Good game though I don't know if I'll make it through to the end but it was worth a buy.
Have you played any souls games? How hard it is in comparison?

Back
Top Bottom