Black Myth: Wukong

Fourth phase of Stone Monkey/Great Sage is doing my head in. Any tips? seems no matter what spell I use he seems to counter.
Time your dodges, save your focus meter to 3/4 to do charged heavy attacks and of course time it so its guaranteed to hit, use cloud strike if you want to play it safe by timing it when you need to back off to heal. He shouldn't be able to steal your gourd if you have that issue.
Play chipping and dodging when he cast circle of fire as if you stay in his circle of fire it will charge your focus meter as well.
I used Ebon flow transformation, basically just block until his meter until its charge and then use his heavy attack which should do decent damage. Also a nice way to stay alive.
Basically timing is everything and you should be able to survive and beat him.

I know I was slightly overlevelled when I finished my 1st playthrough. I did struggle still though against the final boss and some of the other late game bosses.
I was well within the 100s range when I finished 1 playthrough.

Got stuck on Yellowbrow for a few days. Bloody annoying boss that should be easy if not for the massive hitbox. Swear he was hitting me from across the arena. Had to go back to get Spellbinding and then he fell quickly. The secret boss to get Spellbinding had its own annoyances, but I somehow managed to get lucky on some random try and he went down too.

I unintentionally completed it yesterday.

I got a bit confused with the way people were explaining when to beat Erlang to get the good ending. I already beat him before I started collecting Wukong's gear, but I read some random comments like "you can fight him after starting chapter 6, but go back after fighting Stone Monkey", so I thought there would be some save point mid-way through the final bosses. but I ended up 1st-timing all the Wukong fights...Erlang on the other hand took me like 2-3 hours in total.

Overall, great game. I rarely play single player games these days, so it was nice to have something to get stuck into. The pacing was a bit all over the place (chapters 1 and 2 felt OK, 3 was ridiculously long, 4 was ok, then 5 and 6 were both really short), and personally, it got a bit easy from about chapter 4 onwards when you find a combination of spirits and perks etc. that clicked, but the combat is really solid, and I like the ease of experimentation and respeccing. The animations at the end of chapters were amazing too.

I hear a lot of content was cut from the last 2 chapters, which you can kinda tell given their length. If there's a DLC coming out, I'd love to see more prime Wukong. He's so cool!

Last edited:
How can Nvidia make such performance claims.

According to this a 4080 super at 4k max settings using DLSS and full RT gets 74 FPS....

A 4080 super is not that much faster than a 4080. And I can tell you at max settings the game does run but it isn't a smooth experience on my 4080 at 4k.

Even using the HUB optimized settings (quality + RT) the game exhibits the occasional freeze.

Last edited:
How can Nvidia make such performance claims.

According to this a 4080 super at 4k max settings using DLSS and full RT gets 74 FPS....

A 4080 super is not that much faster than a 4080. And I can tell you at max settings the game does runs but it isn't a smooth experience on my 4080 at 4k.

Even using the HUB optimized settings (quality + RT) the game exhibits the occasional freeze.

The numbers are listed for DLSS performance. Quite a difference from DLSS quality.

I bought this on PS5, combat felt so basic and a right chore, I got to chapter 2 and it opened up a little...but just didn't grab me, annoyingly was digital too so I can't even off-load it :D

Last edited:
The game change colors randomly during the gameplay.
From oversaturated to more tone. Like someone was switching between presets.

Second problem during cutscenes the voice of npc sometimes is berley audible .

I bought the game 7 weeks after realese hoping it will be patch and free from obvious glitches.
I'm on RX 6900XT 24.8.1. Any ideas how to fix it? thanks

Back
Top Bottom