Black Pudding - yay or nay?

Soldato
Love the stuff. Get mine from a local farmer's market and it's sublime.

Bacon, sausage, blood pudding, eggs and mushrooms with fresh oatcakes from either London Rd. or Church St. Food o' the Gods.

Associate
I like the Bury Black pudding company ones, either in a full English or on a kebab with bacon wrapped scallops on the BBQ. I've had some pretty disgusting ones from other suppliers though.
I'm the opposite. I used to buy the bury one but now tried the Aldi one and the other one tesco do (wee black something) and think they are way tastier with an earthier and spicier flavor. When I tried the bury again they tasted bland.

Associate
The best pudding I've tasted has to the The Fruitpig Company's. Stornoway and Buckfast are great too.

I've never understood the popularity of Bury. Low fat black pudding is laughable and it tastes crap.

Soldato
Never met a black pudding I didn't like!

Has to go in the full English whenever it's an option.

Weird thing is my eldest is the biggest carnivore ever but won't touch it. His loss, I guess, and more for me!

Associate
Black pudding in a fry up, on a roll or with a breast of chicken is amazing. My local butcher's is quality, Stornoway isn't all that tbh.

Soldato
Forgot to mention, one of the stalls at the same farmer's market I get my black pudding from also has Scotch Eggs made with black pudding instead of the sausage meat. Bloody top notch they are too.

Back
Top Bottom