BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Sounds good. I'm allowing a Z4 because my wife is a hair dresser, are you a hair dresser? :p

28i does seem a good balance, but so many poverty spec, literally 1 or 2 for sale with iDrive at a reasonable price.

No, I'm bald :p. They're great cars, don't care if they have a feminine image to some. Loved my E86 and love the E89 35iS, it will embarrass most cars on the road and the roof comes off ;).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
No, I'm bald :p. They're great cars, don't care if they have a feminine image to some. Loved my E86 and love the E89 35iS, it will embarrass most cars on the road and the roof comes off ;).

I would push for a 35si, and still might, but I'm not sure my wife will appreciate the power. She wasn't impressed when I nailed it in my Volvo S60 running 320bhp.

"Too fast" :rolleyes:

Don
Old car is SORN (that's my private road in the piccie) so it's the same plates, I gave in and went for standard spacing

Once I saw them next to each other I can see there was really not much point in the 'illegal' spacing :)

alx

alx

Soldato
Speaking of Z4s, looks like my 35is will be sold over the weekend via private sale (touchwood) - buyer has flights sorted etc.

Onwards and upwards (hopefully) into a V8 RS5 - turning to the dark side!

Associate
I believe BMW have just changed their RTTI provider to TomTom so you may see an improvement soon

Has anyone using RTTI noticed any significant improvement (if indeed the TomTom traffic data change has kicked in yet)?

I tried the TomTom app on my phone to see what the quality of their traffic info is like and it's ok - not as good as google maps but passable. I'd really like to use my built in nav rather than having my phone stuck on the dash but traffic info is critical for me.

Soldato
Does anyone know anything about recoding parts to match a cars VIN?

My brother's E87 1 Series has had a new Steering Angle Sensor at some point, we tried to recalibrate it last night as it is 30 degrees out of position, but it won't allow us to do so because the replacement part is not VIN-matched to the car.

Soldato
Yeah, you need E-SYS or NCS Expert depending on the year of the car. Basically, read the ECU and write the VIN back to the module. Then write a blank file to the module (which will code it based on default parameters) and then you can add in any of the specific parameters.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom