BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
70 miles each way on the M25 at rush hour is surely 4-5 hours a day of driving?

I genuinely think this will be the case. My manager commutes from J15 M25 to somewhere near Leyton (J27 M25) and it takes a minimum of 1.5 hours each way if all of the stars align and he leaves home at 6am. Some days it takes him 3 hours to get to the office.

I do a 15 mile commute (9 miles on the M25) and it can take me up to an hour when I leave the office at 16h00.

Soldato
What’s the best car you’ve had as a courtesy car?

I’ve been promised something ‘nice’ while my m135i is in for a spray job which was agreed on initial purchase..

I had a 120d when my M135i was in a for a service.

Something nice to me would be an M4. To others, a 320d Touring. It's an open term...

Soldato
What’s the best car you’ve had as a courtesy car?

I’ve been promised something ‘nice’ while my m135i is in for a spray job which was agreed on initial purchase..

I haven't been for a service yet, but getting some minor damage repaired on my 130i repaired elsewhere and received a Ford Kuga from Enterprise..

Soldato
A kuga isn't bad considering it wasn't through a dealer.

Although an M4 would be nice I think the 540i would scratch an itch!
Yeah it's probably the best they could offer, it's an st line so has parking sensors , sat nav, Bluetooth, xenon etc certainly more gadgets than my 130i and people I know actually complement it lol

Saying that the Enterprise guy that picked me up was impressed with the 130i as he asked whether it was the 3.0l engine.. definitely more a car only enthusiasts will know about. Also I was impressed with their service, back at their office all really nice people too. Hopefully the same for their other branches.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
I got a manual 118i when my F11 520d was in for service. What a hateful little thing that was with the manual gearbox. It never wanted to go into gear.
Welcome to the world of BMW manual gearboxes :p even a modern 320d manual has some stupidly offset pedals (to the right) - auto is a must

Don
I was also unfortunate enough to get a 118i 'sport', it couldn't pull the skin of custard, I stalled it frequently and it's got some stupid ignition sequence which makes you have to sit still for 5-10 seconds and look like an even bigger idiot.

For the next service I got a 430d msport, and I was so impressed with the overall package I bought the petrol variant.

Associate
She'll be doing A4, A404, M40, M25, A1M. It's going to be hell.

Ouch, that's just about the worst commute involving the M25 possible maybe on par/slightly worse than having to use the Dartford Crossing which I do on a regular basis. I sometimes have to travel to that area when covering a colleague when he's on holiday and as a rule I try to get my work completed and leave as fast as humanly possible, leave at the wrong time and I'm looking at three hours plus to get home.

I can see why you want to stay in the area though, that part of the country is very nice and going by some of the houses I pass when working near Sunningdale and Bramshill home to some very rich people.

Back
Top Bottom