BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
wondering if anyones able to give a bit of advice regarding alloys and offset sizes. Looking to change to 20 inch alloys on a bmw f01 730d. the oem 20 alloy specs are
front 8.5Jx20 ET25 |
rear 10Jx20 ET41

Ive seen a set that are
front 8.5 x 20 offset 33
rear 9.5 x 20 offset 44

am I right in thinking that the change in offset just means the newer alloys will stick out further so its a matter of trying them on the car to see how much they stick out and if it looks okay or not

mjt

mjt

Soldato
wondering if anyones able to give a bit of advice regarding alloys and offset sizes. Looking to change to 20 inch alloys on a bmw f01 730d. the oem 20 alloy specs are
front 8.5Jx20 ET25 |
rear 10Jx20 ET41

Ive seen a set that are
front 8.5 x 20 offset 33
rear 9.5 x 20 offset 44

am I right in thinking that the change in offset just means the newer alloys will stick out further so its a matter of trying them on the car to see how much they stick out and if it looks okay or not
https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Out of interest, what are they? Aftermarket could look naff on a 7 Series unless it's Breyton or something :p

Man of Honour
front 8.5Jx20 ET25 |
rear 10Jx20 ET41

Ive seen a set that are
front 8.5 x 20 offset 33
rear 9.5 x 20 offset 44

:eek:

Associate
https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Out of interest, what are they? Aftermarket could look naff on a 7 Series unless it's Breyton or something :p

Alpina. I can tell your European :Das breyton have a following there but not much in the uk. Personally I like the vossen style of alloys but the alpina have come up and goes with the alpina kit on the car

Thanks for the website link. It saying the front will stick out 8mm less and the back 17mm. Am I right in saying I can use spacers to get it back right but thinking If 17mm spacers on the back might be too much and would the the. 5 difference on the J size affect the car or is it not a big issue

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Alpina. I can tell your European :Das breyton have a following there but not much in the uk. Personally I like the vossen style of alloys but the alpina have come up and goes with the alpina kit on the car

Thanks for the website link. It saying the front will stick out 8mm less and the back 17mm. Am I right in saying I can use spacers to get it back right but thinking If 17mm spacers on the back might be too much and would the the. 5 difference on the J size affect the car or is it not a big issue
Had a suspicion they'd be Alpinas. Don't get replicas though as they make the baby jesus cry.
Surprised Alpina wheels would be so different, as there is an Alpina B7.. Can't imagine narrower rears would be a problem; it's not like the 730d is the 760Li M ;)

Associate
Had a suspicion they'd be Alpinas. Don't get replicas though as they make the baby jesus cry.
Surprised Alpina wheels would be so different, as there is an Alpina B7.. Can't imagine narrower rears would be a problem; it's not like the 730d is the 760Li M ;)

Alpina are usually 21 on the 7 series but they're really rare in england. I know a few people with reps and tbh they've not had issue but because these were genuine they caught my eyes

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Hi all

I used to have one of the first (2012) 328i f30s when they came out as a company car and have been looking at options to get back into something decent. Company car tax is astronomical now however and so have been running a cheap runaround for 2 years now and weighing up options.

Want something powerful and always wanted a 335i. There are some 63/14 plates with reasonable spec going for 21-23k as BMW AUC with a years warranty. Is there anything to look out for on these cars from a reliability perspective? Indifferent between auto/manual, I'd probably look to pay about 8k cash/PX and loan for the rest, hoping I could get into a relatively low miler (30k) and get rid in 3 years for 10-12k with 60k on the clock. Does that seem reasonable or am I chasing false economies with one that age and need to go newer or PCP?

Thanks

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Driving home yesterday from work along the M4, a Blue 340i drove past and couldn't help but think how boring and bland it looked for a car with 320bhp and capable of doing 60 in 5 seconds, unless it was an SE or something, my 09 Accord looks more menacing than it...albeit 120bhp down and fwd...

Sorry if that person is on this forum, your car looks boring xD Probably sounds nice though.

Soldato
Driving home yesterday from work along the M4, a Blue 340i drove past and couldn't help but think how boring and bland it looked for a car with 320bhp and capable of doing 60 in 5 seconds, unless it was an SE or something, my 09 Accord looks more menacing than it...albeit 120bhp down and fwd...

Sorry if that person is on this forum, your car looks boring xD Probably sounds nice though.
Some people don't want their car to attract attention. Not everyone wants their car to look like a Civic Type R

Soldato
Some people don't want their car to attract attention. Not everyone wants their car to look like a Civic Type R

Which is a fair point, I would say the twin pipes helps it case but i drove past a newish 520i and quite surprised and little disappointed to see they've given your commoner x20 owner twin pipes like the 335i of old

Soldato

This was the main reason for me getting a 335i, looks like a normal bog standard rep mobile but goes like stink.

Back
Top Bottom