BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I have my car booked in for its first service, but it's now saying 'Service overdue by 30 miles'.

The dealer said there's a good grace period but weren't sure exactly what it is. Anyone know? Has anyone gone over by much?

It's been booked for a couple of weeks but they seem very busy and can't see the car until the 11th.

Caporegime
I have my car booked in for its first service, but it's now saying 'Service overdue by 30 miles'.

The dealer said there's a good grace period but weren't sure exactly what it is. Anyone know? Has anyone gone over by much?

It's been booked for a couple of weeks but they seem very busy and can't see the car until the 11th.

Oh no. If it hits 31 it blows up.

Nah you get like 1k miles grace or something silly.

Soldato
Has anyone took their car to the dealers for work done and had their dashcam unplugged?

Picked mine up today after they’ve had it with them for 6 days and found the usb power cable unplugged. I can’t think of any reason to do this other than to let them rag it about?

They had also disabled the gps so the car couldn’t be located via the bmw app.

Man of Honour
Has anyone took their car to the dealers for work done and had their dashcam unplugged?

Picked mine up today after they’ve had it with them for 6 days and found the usb power cable unplugged. I can’t think of any reason to do this other than to let them rag it about

I think it's fairly reasonable of them not to want a third parties video system recording everything being said etc.

How would you feel if a random customer decided to set up an audio and video feed in your office?

Soldato
I think it's fairly reasonable of them not to want a third parties video system recording everything being said etc.

How would you feel if a random customer decided to set up an audio and video feed in your office?

I know you love dash cams but come on, it only records when they're driving? I'm struggling to see the link between driving a car and an office. If my job was driving someone else's car I would have absolutely zero problem with them recording me taking great care of it.

The dealer in question have started putting dash cams in cars that they loan out so I don't see any excuses at all.

Man of Honour
I know you love dash cams but come on, it only records when they're driving? I'm struggling to see the link between driving a car and an office. If my job was driving someone else's car I would have absolutely zero problem with them recording me taking great care of it.

I doubt they have time to sit and work out which only record when driven and which record all the time.

Soldato
I doubt they have time to sit and work out which only record when driven and which record all the time.

And the point I made about them having dash cams in their cars to record the general public?

If they have the time to find the hidden cable underneath the dash they have enough time to look for a light on the dash cam.

Soldato
They might have the car powered up to do some of the work, maybe?

I’m not for or against unplugging the dashcam but what would grate is if they then didn’t plug it back in when handing he car back to me.
It was only in for the bonnet being resprayed so will have went straight to the bmw sprayshop.

They hadn’t plugged it back in which is how I know they’d done it, I use the socket in the passenger footwell and only saw it dangling by chance. I almost never have a passenger so it could have been left unplugged for god knows how long.

Soldato
Smart Top fitted the M4, had the car over a year and odd it's taken me that long to do considering my previous M3 and Z4's had these fitted. Allows one touch roof up and down (rather than holding this lever button for ages), allows the roof up and down while actually moving up to about 25mph, rather than 5mph, and allows full remote operation from they key which is handy as it takes an age to put back up when you park up and usually you have to sit there, holding this button in the car lol.

Highly recommended for any M4 / 4 series vert owners.

Soldato
On my E92, the start/stop has a mind of its own. In the 7 months I've had the car it's never activated start/stop at all, I never turned it off I just figured it'd perhaps been remapped out, Yesterday on a long drive it started turning engine off at lights and showing start/stop on dash.
It's not something I miss or want so I'll just turn it off using the button on the dash but should I be concerned that its intermittent/faulty?

Caporegime
On my E92, the start/stop has a mind of its own. In the 7 months I've had the car it's never activated start/stop at all, I never turned it off I just figured it'd perhaps been remapped out, Yesterday on a long drive it started turning engine off at lights and showing start/stop on dash.
It's not something I miss or want so I'll just turn it off using the button on the dash but should I be concerned that its intermittent/faulty?
Weak battery perhaps?

The stop/start ceased functioning on my partners Focus, occasionally it would randomly work, eventually we replaced the battery and it started working normally as expected again.

Another thing, check what type of battery it has, it should have a heavy duty large capacity one.
If you replace the battery with a standard one the stop start won’t work - my brother in law found this with his old f10, changed the battery at a fast fit centre, the stop start wouldn’t work when it went to BMWto investigate the issue they put the correct battery in and it worked again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom