BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
@Havana_UK How are Lancaster BMW? I live in MK and buying my first used BMW from them.
I've only good things to say about them to be honest, but I know my mother-in-law (who bought her Mini from there) has had a terrible experience with them.

I have a good relationship with a couple of the sales guys there, which probably helps, but I've also not really had any problems that needed addressing.

Soldato
Adaptive seems a fairly rare option unless I'm mistaken.

There was a 335D F31 Touring whilst I was deciding what to get which had adaptive but had more miles and looked a bit dog eared.

Was the only one with adaptive (that suited my criteria) at the time on used approved.

There is always the aftermarket option but more money again and warranty issues.

Soldato
Soldato
Adaptive seems a fairly rare option unless I'm mistaken.

There was a 335D F31 Touring whilst I was deciding what to get which had adaptive but had more miles and looked a bit dog eared.

Was the only one with adaptive (that suited my criteria) at the time on used approved.

There is always the aftermarket option but more money again and warranty issues.

Out of warranty I would probably just stick on some good dampers anyway. At the end of the day manufacturers have to cut costs somewhere and that's where you can't see the parts so suspension etc. If you took a generic cars damper unit to a race/rally team and asked what they'd do with the car they'd probably just laugh at you and say we would put a proper damper on it first

Man of Honour
Looking at picking up an M2 in the new couple of months, now my son is a little bit older and we don't have to carry as much around on days out, I'm able to justify having something a little more sporty. I'm getting a new family car which will have plenty of growing room in and be for going away etc but means I can get something a bit more selfish as my daily.

Are their any must have options on the M2 or do they pretty much come with anything like that as standard? Going to look at a couple this weekend but the listings online are naff as they are just generic placeholder ones with "Coming Soon" on so can't really see how they differ too much.

InQ

InQ

Associate
Looking at picking up an M2 in the new couple of months, now my son is a little bit older and we don't have to carry as much around on days out, I'm able to justify having something a little more sporty. I'm getting a new family car which will have plenty of growing room in and be for going away etc but means I can get something a bit more selfish as my daily.

Are their any must have options on the M2 or do they pretty much come with anything like that as standard? Going to look at a couple this weekend but the listings online are naff as they are just generic placeholder ones with "Coming Soon" on so can't really see how they differ too much.

Personally I have the usual options that BMW seemed to add to most cars recently; DCT, electric seats, heated seats, HK, folding mirrors, reverse cam, sun protection.
Of those I could do without the electric seats, quite like the folding mirrors and the reverse cam is handy for seeing where you wouldn’t normally be able to (didn’t think I’d use it much), definitely need HK as the stock sound is pants and while HK isn’t fantastic it’s needed to lift the audio to an acceptable standard IMO.

Man of Honour
Personally I have the usual options that BMW seemed to add to most cars recently; DCT, electric seats, heated seats, HK, folding mirrors, reverse cam, sun protection.
Of those I could do without the electric seats, quite like the folding mirrors and the reverse cam is handy for seeing where you wouldn’t normally be able to (didn’t think I’d use it much), definitely need HK as the stock sound is pants and while HK isn’t fantastic it’s needed to lift the audio to an acceptable standard IMO.

Yeah I would not want to lose the HK system, love that in the 530. Heated seats are also a must, along with reverse cam. But I'm hoping stuff like that is standard in a car like the M2?

InQ

InQ

Associate
Yeah I would not want to lose the HK system, love that in the 530. Heated seats are also a must, along with reverse cam. But I'm hoping stuff like that is standard in a car like the M2?

Nope, Pro Nav is standard but nothing else really is over what you’d expect eg climate.

Back
Top Bottom