BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I saw some posts about that too.

Based on the company posting the pics/stories I'm guessing it was mapped! Maybe one of these apparently "undetectable" ones that has since been removed before taking it in? No idea... sucks either way for the owner. Things like that are just why I can't justify voiding warranty on a car like that unless you have the pocket to back up the potential repair bills

Soldato
Just read through his Instagram and he hasn't helped himself. Installing those stupidly oversized alloys, slamming it on coilovers so that it is literally riding on its arches, then putting stupid tints all over it and "Deutschtech" stickers on it. I can't work out why he didn't put everything back to standard before it went in? If i had a car with a knocking engine and it was modified, absolutely everything would be going back to standard because it would be obvious that any company will look for an out when presented with a large bill.

Stuff like that is always going to attract attention and scrutiny when you go in for warranty stuff - let alone when you walk in there and the car needs 25 grands worth of warranty work doing. Clearly the decats and a crap aftermarket air filter had nothing to do with the engine dying so prematurely, but that's now going to be a big fight with BMW about the ins and outs of the contract made when they gave the warranty.

Caporegime
I have a guy on the Instagram that I’ve recently followed. His f80 m3 has suspected bottom end knock so he took it into Lancaster bmw. They checked the oil and it had metal swarfe.

Engine replacement apparently 25k. Bmwuk are saying no to replacement from their own pocket as he had a pipercross replacement panel filter and the secondary cats have been removed. They say this has caused the issue.

He’s had to contact a solicitor as they’re dragging their heels but surely this couldn’t contribute and something internal has failed. Car is in warranty too.
They’ll argue he’s replaced the oem filter with a non original one which hasn’t performed as well as the standard item in keeping foreign objects out of the engine hence the failure.

Probably complete bobbins in factual reality but it’ll be their gold plated get out clause.

Don
The phone tray in my 650i seemed like wasted space so I made a modification to make it more useful:

S3E5UAo.jpg

Taking it apart:
MUJeaP9.jpg

Phone holder out and we have a useful tray. Looks crap though.
i6DD4Z2.jpg

Removed from the car and on the bench:
1t5w2uj.jpg

I need to bend some acrylic so I cracked out the DIY hot wire bender.
w0YbX8T.jpg

Heating up.
6Xhqk6d.jpg

Bent.
dPYSBe7.jpg

I cut out all the mountings for the phone to make a clear space.
ItRkCiP.jpg

Lighter to USB adapter.
D77KFFG.jpg

I cut the back off and wired directly to the contacts.
ni3QNVn.jpg

That’s where the acrylic piece goes. Glued it in.
clBSUo5.jpg

I cut the power socket from the phone adapter and wired to the USB adapter. Makes it easier if I need to take it out again.
FC6TmVk.jpg

Some fabric to cover.
M6cxEVT.jpg

In the car:
NEuVK9b.jpg

Ready for the phone.
jHi7aUA.jpg

Caporegime
Don King is running around somewhere sans his fro.

8oSJlM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom