BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Worst DIY ever. You probably didn't even need the acrylic and could have just used stiff card, especially once the dead squirrel was in place. Not bad for Year 8 tech though. Let us know what grade you get :D

Don
I can take some. It's not finished yet so is just a sub / amp combo. I'll be replacing the stock speakers with MB Quart items and amping them up.
I've ordered some felt for the phone charging tray guys so the dead squirrel will be going soon.

Don
@Peerzy

Sub install in boot. It's a JL 10W0V3 in a sealed enclosure I built myself. I chose that sub as it can work in an absolutely tiny space as you can see. The hump on the left covers the amp. A JBL GTO 75.2. The amp will be going to be replaced with a 5-channel item once I get the MB Quart components. The amp is fed from the input to the stock sub "amplifier". I say amplifier in the loosest sense of the word.:

08lAfDl.jpg

M6 HUD coded for anyone interested:

OsQYssL.jpg

Don
Wipers were occasionally not parking correctly which is a sign of a failing wiper relay. I bought a new one and then the fun of finding where the damned thing goes started.
Some said it was behind the glove box.

8pwEjdV.png

kJD6Dq2.png

Nope. Just the fuse for it is there but it took me 30 mins of swearing to get the glove box off to check.

Some said it was in the boot near the battery. Nope.

Some said it was under the pollen filters.

J1ACVBa.jpg

Took one off and nope. Not there.

So it turns out that it is under the pollen filters, but much further under. I had to take the base of the cabin air-intakes out to get to the e-box. I followed this guide to cleaning the drains to see how it comes apart: http://www.meeknet.co.uk/E64/Timms_E63_and_E64_Water_Drains_Clearing.htm

uLKXZrG.jpg

Upon taking the lid off, there was the offending relay. Swapped it out and now my wipers park every time.

1Hjter1.jpg

That was much more difficult than it needed to be.

Soldato
^ Luckily you'll be cocooned inside so won't have to look at the ample ugliness outside :D

Actually I for some perverted reason have always liked them, they are different to the vast array of sameness.

@Rilot, I did something similar looking for the cigarette lighter fuse in the centre console, found it in the end in the engine bay. :)

Soldato
Got rid of the 520d and went for a 2016 330d xdrive Msport, loving it so far but I didn't even notice that the reg ended in PDO....I'm having a great time at work lol.

New plate ordered, I wouldn't really bother but when I told the mrs she guffawed at first then said it has to go.

Soldato
Got rid of the 520d and went for a 2016 330d xdrive Msport, loving it so far but I didn't even notice that the reg ended in PDO....I'm having a great time at work lol.

New plate ordered, I wouldn't really bother but when I told the mrs she guffawed at first then said it has to go.

:confused:

Soldato
Got rid of the 520d and went for a 2016 330d xdrive Msport

Plate aside, how do you find the car? I've had mine for just over a month now. Coming from a lowered A4 and then a new STI the car felt a bit floaty mcfloatface at first but have got used to it. Quick in a straight line but can lose its composure when pressing on. Very comfy though and don't even mind it being an auto

Soldato
Coming from a 520 it is very rapid, the ride is softer but I find it quite grippy, I’ve not really had a chance to do a long run in it but so far I’m not wallowing about.

Back
Top Bottom