BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Today I tempted the wife to give up her Audi A3 184tdi auto Quattro S-Line, 14plate, for a 1 Series 120D xDrive auto M-Sport, in white, 15 plate with only 19K miles. Options quite nice, front and rear sensors, rear camera, larger nav screen, led lights, Harmon audio, heated seats (sadly not leather). Drives nice, rides much better, auto box seems much more responsive, sat nav makes the Audi one look like a joke and toy.

One small loss, cruise control, can it be retro fitted, replacement wheel for the buttons and a reprogram perhaps ?

Associate
I dropped my 120D company car in for a service last Tuesday at Cooper BMW in Chelmsford, was pleasantly surprised to say the least when the service advisor handed me the key to a very highly specced (around 60 grands worth) 540i as a courtesy car for the day.

Soldato
It's hardly the owners fault BMW stick M badges in Diesels is it.. at least the owners (mostly) aren't pretending they are proper M cars hence "m light".
Mines debadged also as I believe M badges should only be on real M cars!

Caporegime
I dropped my 120D company car in for a service last Tuesday at Cooper BMW in Chelmsford, was pleasantly surprised to say the least when the service advisor handed me the key to a very highly specced (around 60 grands worth) 540i as a courtesy car for the day.
My brother in law dropped their lowly 116d in for an oil service at Knights Stafford and was given an M760li X-Drive, my partners 118d is due a brake fluid change and she’s been told they’ll loan her a 5 Series for the day - perhaps dealers are trying to tempt 1 Series pheasants to upgrade? :D

Man of Honour
My brother in law dropped their lowly 116d in for an oil service at Knights Stafford and was given an M760li X-Drive, my partners 118d is due a brake fluid change and she’s been told they’ll loan her a 5 Series for the day - perhaps dealers are trying to tempt 1 Series pheasants to upgrade? :D

I'd hate to hit a pheasant in a 7 series, would make a lot more of a mess than the mere peasant pheasants you see on foot

Associate

I'd love to upgrade to a 5 series next year but I very much doubt it'll be available to me on the company car list!

Soldato
The time has come to sell my beloved e92 M3 as a house purchase is close and I also need something bigger.

Am a little surprised that values don't seem to be holding up as well as I thought. Some people had told me values were creeping up as they're the last of the naturally aspirated Ms.

Bought it for £26k just over 2 years ago, might need to take a £4-5k depreciation hit from the looks of recent adverts. :eek:

Soldato
Soldato
It's definitely not a rare car but they did make fewer Ms in the E9X than the E46.

Let's see. £4-5k depreciation over 2 and a bit years isn't a disaster.

Man of Honour
It's already happening with the e46 M3s

What's happening with E46 M3's is that people are advertising them at comedy money because other people are advertising them at comedy money and when they do eventually sell, they sell for way under asking.

You need spend no more than £10k for a nice one.

Back
Top Bottom