BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
To be fair that was an SE, they are significantly less desireable and prices reflect that.

16k seems pricey but when you consider it's an AUC M Sport it isn't so bad.

Still seems higher than I'd expect even given AUC/M sport at that age/mileage but then warranty is worth the best part of a grand I suppose. Can you still get the second year thrown in these days? Because that would make it pretty appealing.

Associate
Well you can.

Similarly when i bought my m135i i stated "some random person from the overclockers forum said it was definitely possible" but after much deliberation they confirmed that they couldn't (wouldn't) be able to extend it to two years and this was likely only occurring during a promotion.

They could have been talking rubbish, but other dealers i and spoke to and even BMWUK on the phone confirmed the same.

Soldato
Ah, my mistake, I should have argued the toss saying a guy on an Internet forum says different. :p

Maybe you can but my experience from two different dealers from completely different groups was otherwise unfortunately.

You definitely can. 'No' is always the first answer, though.

Man of Honour
It's genuinely odd how much of an issue it can be. I had a conversation about it when buying my last car, I didn't need it because it had 2 years of factory warranty left but it came up in conversation with the sales manager and he said oh it's not possible. When i collected the car he said he'd actually checked and it was possible and he'd since done it?!

I've managed it on every purchase where it was wanted but it has always needed a bit of pushback.

Soldato
I made the mistake of accepting that a second year of warranty wasn't possible on my M135i back in March 2016.

Wasn't going to let my brother in law suffer the same fate :p pushed for his F10 to come with a second year of warranty, and told him to hold firm until they agreed to it. Eventually they did, and it's just coming up to two years of ownership for him now. The warranty renewel is almost £200 per month, so it's a good job.

Caporegime
It's genuinely odd how much of an issue it can be. I had a conversation about it when buying my last car, I didn't need it because it had 2 years of factory warranty left but it came up in conversation with the sales manager and he said oh it's not possible. When i collected the car he said he'd actually checked and it was possible and he'd since done it?!

I've managed it on every purchase where it was wanted but it has always needed a bit of pushback.

Agreed, you encountered the same issue we did when we were dealing with the sales manager when buying our 1 and when we nearly bought a 3 recently but at least he checked for you, I asked both managers at both Stratstone and Knights to check and was told by both that there was no need as it simply wasn’t doable.

Infuriating when clearly it comes down to ineptitude by the look of it!

Believe me, I was pushing them on it but they just wouldn’t have it that they could possibly be wrong.

Soldato
the idrive system in my e92 has been counting down until I need new front pads (probably wants new discs too) It said 5000 miles in Sep, 3500 miles yesterday (covered about 1k in that time) then tonight it said -10 miles!!, Service immediately and the handbrake (!) sign stays on when it motion.

I thought it would easy go until January, Is there any reason it suddenly jumped from 3.5k - 0? (car hasn't been driven hard lately at all)

I'm likely not going to be able to book it in to bmw (£922!! :o ) until next week.. Is it going to be safe to use for (~100 miles) another week?

Caporegime
the idrive system in my e92 has been counting down until I need new front pads (probably wants new discs too) It said 5000 miles in Sep, 3500 miles yesterday (covered about 1k in that time) then tonight it said -10 miles!!, Service immediately and the handbrake (!) sign stays on when it motion.

I thought it would easy go until January, Is there any reason it suddenly jumped from 3.5k - 0? (car hasn't been driven hard lately at all)

I'm likely not going to be able to book it in to bmw (£922!! :o ) until next week.. Is it going to be safe to use for (~100 miles) another week?

Have a look and see how worn they are. I'm sure another week would be fine if they've got a bit of meat left on them.

Associate

Also don't let them charge you £922 for front discs and pads on an e92 ! Many dealers have value service pricing for the previous gen models and, although brake prices are still extortionate, they shouldn't be anywhere close to £922.

Soldato
Have a look and see how worn they are. I'm sure another week would be fine if they've got a bit of meat left on them.

I dont really know what I'm looking at tbh.

Also don't let them charge you £922 for front discs and pads on an e92 ! Many dealers have value service pricing for the previous gen models and, although brake prices are still extortionate, they shouldn't be anywhere close to £922.

I've ordered the OEM Ate pads, discs & wear sensors for £420 from carpartsforless so just a case of maybe £100 to fit them.. £400 saved!

Associate
Ah, my mistake, I should have argued the toss saying a guy on an Internet forum says different. :p

Maybe you can but my experience from two different dealers from completely different groups was otherwise unfortunately.

Unless I've also been lied to it's no longer available. Got the 2 year AUW on my previous car back in 2015 but when I traded it in a few weeks ago (same dealer) was told it's no longer available. This was after quite a long wait while the sales guy looked into it and ended up getting the money off instead so I can pay it myself in a years time.

Anyway, new to me 335D:

335d.jpg

Man of Honour
I have also been told this and then subsequently got it from another dealer.

Dealers pay for the auc warranty, it's up to them how much they pay for.

Associate
jDXB5xw.gif

One of my receipts for the 2nd year AUC warranty. Didn't get this included as part of the deal as I had already got a discount on the car itself. But it should all be negotiable.

Back
Top Bottom