BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Soldato
I can't find the exact post but my two criticisms of the E46 were the raspy engine at low revs and the lack of feedback through the wheel. Having never driven a true sports car I figured it was because I was used to old Jap cars and French hothatches.

Quite a lot of people swap the E46 rack to a purple tag or something I heard? Quickens it up but not sure about the feedback

Associate
The pruple tag was the one available on later e46 330ci's according to the internet, guess that explains why I was happy with mine haha.
I remember the steering racks were good initially, then softened up, then made "heavier" on the later cars. Mine was 2005 330ci M Sport (with the later, heavier version) and it did provide quite good feedback at the time. The change to a hydraulic assisted e92 didn't feel like a sep back, but the F30 felt like miles behind!

Soldato
I’ve driven a 330i more than I have the M3 and whilst they can handle well I don’t think you get much feedback/road feel through the steering wheel, you just feel it as the car moves, different to feeling the road via the steering wheel. To be fair I think I’ve only driven early 330is.

Caporegime
Best place to sell a good condition MY2013 530D with nearly 80,000 miles on it?

I haven't sold a car privately for 6 years and things have changed a lot since then. I've part-exchanged previously but am now contract hiring something else

Caporegime
Best place to sell a good condition MY2013 530D with nearly 80,000 miles on it?

I haven't sold a car privately for 6 years and things have changed a lot since then. I've part-exchanged previously but am now contract hiring something else
Auto-trader and Pistonheads.

Be prepared for some low ball offers from chancers though.

If your willing to wait for publication (although I do believe the ad is put online also these days) BMW car magazine has a free ads section where your guaranteed an enthusiast audience, it’s free too!

Soldato
Very nice @Blackhawk47 ! What colour and options did you go for?

Cheers mate, long beach blue. Unfortunately it was raining but in the sun it is even more stunning. In terms of spec, harman kardon, lighting pack, heated + electric seats...all the usual bits come with it, cruise control, sat nav etc.

Haven't taken any photos of the interior but it is the facelift M2 interior (they pretty much all look the same).

BMW M2
BMW M2
BMW M2
BMW M2
BMW M2
BMW M2

Last edited:
Soldato
Lovvvvely car and what an upgrade. Shame not a competition though :(

Was a competition pack car much more? I was shocked at how much BMW upgraded on it. Normally they give it some different wheels and some slightly altered suspension but they piled on the upgrades for the comp pack.

Soldato
Lovvvvely car and what an upgrade. Shame not a competition though :(

Was a competition pack car much more? I was shocked at how much BMW upgraded on it. Normally they give it some different wheels and some slightly altered suspension but they piled on the upgrades for the comp pack.

I like the way the comp pack looks but it sounds worse, the engine / exhaust note is very different to the normal M2 in my opinion...and they cost a fair whack. The M2 competition seats are nice though (from M4 I think).

Sound below:

Soldato
Competition has everything I don't like about the M4...Engine sound and feel. Had an M4 for a weekend when I was getting rid of the V8 M3, and I just didn't gel with it. Didn't feel special, and the noise grated on my tbh.

Tried an M2...and yeah. It may not be quite as quick but it's way, way more fun and engaging than the M4 was for me.

Soldato
Picking this up on Saturday, M140i Shadow Edition in 3dr guise:

85CWm0S.jpg.png

As it's the Shadow Edition it comes with a few things as standard - tailpipe trim in Dark Chrome and Sun Protection Glass, harman/kardon sound system, cruise control and rear Park Distance Control.

Options include:

Estoril blue paint
Black leather
Black panel display. full
Brushed Aluminium- Black interior trim
Heated front seats
18 inch M Double-spoke Jet Black Alloys
Ext. mirrors- folding with anti-dazzle
Adaptive suspension
Apple CarPlay preparation
BMW Icon adaptive LED headlights
Concierge Service
High-beam Assistant
Navigation system Professional
Online Entertainment
Park Distance Control front and rear
Remote Services
Reversing Assist camera
Speed limit display
Media package - Professional
Sport automatic transmission

It's covered 19,000 miles and the tyres are in need of replacing, so BMW are shodding it with 4 MPSS before I collect.

Rather excited to say the least :)

Back
Top Bottom