BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Just had a service done on the 530. And apparently needed the EGR Valve replacing. I was living myself upI was getting ready for a bit of a shafting But actually BMW cover the cost for some reason

Commissario
I thought so too.

Spent about an hour with my friends M2 last night and it really is a nice car. However, I just know having only 2 doors would drive me insane after a while. I appreciate it should be obvious the rear seats would be tight in a 2 door coupe but I got in the back and with the drivers seat back it almost took out my kneecaps.

So think I'll hang on for the M340i touring and see what, if any, the deals will be.

I do still like the M3 but again, it's getting on now so not sure if it's worth waiting for the new M3. Plus the 12.4% rate is pants on used F80 M3.
TRL's deals on the M340i can be found here - https://babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=123587

The approved used APR rate is pants but can usually be haggled, or you can obtain finance from a 3rd party, broker etc.

Associate
Servicing for the B37 engine, does anybody know the oil capacity of this engine? My searching has found 4.4 litres but the quote from the dealership says 5.25 litres.

Basically going to supply my own oil as they want £113 inc vat, so want to know if I can get away with a 5 litre container.

Thanks!

Soldato
66 plate f10. 2 weeks or ownership. Leaky rear drivers side door. Likely a damaged vapour barrier as it comes out of the card.

Need to check yellow grommet for leaks too apparently as a preventative action. No visible leak from there yet.

Ownership of the ultimate driving machine going well so far lol.

Caporegime
66 plate f10. 2 weeks or ownership. Leaky rear drivers side door. Likely a damaged vapour barrier as it comes out of the card.

Need to check yellow grommet for leaks too apparently as a preventative action. No visible leak from there yet.

Ownership of the ultimate driving machine going well so far lol.

Had this on mine, both sides. Both a leaking vapour barrier. Read a lot about the yellow grommet, never found the time to check it.

Soldato
Had this on mine, both sides. Both a leaking vapour barrier. Read a lot about the yellow grommet, never found the time to check it.
Will check the grommet this weekend.

As for doors, auc garage said they would charge for diagnostics if the problem wasnt covered by warranty.

Clearly we all know straight off its a weather seal which is not covered by auc warranty.

Phoned the sales team and the guy has said they would pick up the bill.

They have a chance to provide excellent service here, for very little cost on their part, and almost blew it. Will see what happens next when I take it in.

Car is only 11 days out of official 3 Yr warranty.

Did you doors leak into the footwell? Many say they do, mine doesn't.

Caporegime
Will check the grommet this weekend.

As for doors, auc garage said they would charge for diagnostics if the problem wasnt covered by warranty.

Clearly we all know straight off its a weather seal which is not covered by auc warranty.

Phoned the sales team and the guy has said they would pick up the bill.

They have a chance to provide excellent service here, for very little cost on their part, and almost blew it. Will see what happens next when I take it in.

Car is only 11 days out of official 3 Yr warranty.

Did you doors leak into the footwell? Many say they do, mine doesn't.

Passenger side leaked into the foot well, drivers side doesn't so left that for now (mines a 10 plate on 140K so it's time is limited).

Soldato
What is shocking in all my research is that bmw haven't just at least refined it in later revisions and models...apparently the g30 is also showing the issue already.

Very odd.

Soldato
It's a feature.
That it is.

I've only got the 20d. But what a machine in general. Plenty of umph in general, I guess the 30d would be better for over taking on the motorway, the 20d loses some power pretty quickly over 60mph.

Don't think I've driven such a nice car.

Not too many addon. M-sport m-sport plus, rear cam and pro Nav.

Shame I don't have full dual air con. Passenger can set temp, but not air direction etc.

Lovely grey with 19" wheels.

Man of Honour
My mrs has a E82 120d on a 12 plate. It's currently on 65k miles. Is there anything to watch out for on the car or anything to bear in mind? I read about timing chains snapping on the N47, is that the engine that's in her car?

She let the approved used warranty run out so it's not got any on it at the moment and I seem to recall the cut off is 60k? She mainly uses it to drive to Heathrow and back from Cheltenham (90 odd miles each way) every week or so so it gets a good run and isn't just used around town.
Anyone?

Man of Honour
Perhaps have an inspection done on it next time round? Unless you're familiar with the car at that level it might be hard for an ordinary Joe to know.
It’s recently been serviced at BMW and they didn’t pick anything up. I’ve been in it and it doesn’t sound like anything is wrong. So just keep it serviced regularly and it should be alright? It’s serviced at BMW annually.

Soldato
It’s recently been serviced at BMW and they didn’t pick anything up. I’ve been in it and it doesn’t sound like anything is wrong. So just keep it serviced regularly and it should be alright? It’s serviced at BMW annually.
Be fine. But I would mention it to them next time it's serviced. Just so they look a little more closer.

If you're planning on keeping it for a long time it's worth keeping an eye on, as you are.

I've swapped cars a fair but when I was younger. But i'm now hoping my 66 plate f10 will be driving my son to uni in 11 years time.

Soldato
So was off to the in laws today.

First family outing further than 30miles since we got the car a few weeks a go.

All get in and I notice an orange light stays on, I notice about 3-4 mins from driving off.

Decide as I dont know what it is to let the family down and turn round to home. We had pulled over, but couldn't find anything quickly other than it is the check engine light.

I try and stop start the engine perhaps 3 times (on the way home at different places) but the light was still there.

Pull in to the drive, stop and then start the engine again and the light goes out as it should when all is OK.

So we decide to head out any way. 90 miles round trip.

No problems.

I'll take it in for the code to be read, as nothing appeared on the idrive under check control.

Sounds like it's an emissions issues, or fuel cap based on googling.

Car has only just had its mot, so I'm thinking fuel cap or bad sensor?

It might not have had a long run for about 6 month (more than 30 miles), so wonder if it could be related to the dpf.

Car has not been on the re call list for EGR Valve, although I imagine they are recalling in batches to avoid being overloaded.

Back
Top Bottom