BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I Sold the 530d to a dealer today for £12.5k, not too bad I guess. I paid 14.5k around a year ago with 58k on the clock, sold it with 74k, I spent about £700 on a service and tyres so about 3.2k for 16000 miles is not too bad.

Soldato
It's not for my car btw.

So it's a no to just swapping it then? What would happen if it was just swapped? Overcharged or electrical damage from wrong charging?

Can it be swapped then reprogrammed?

Most modern BMWs would overcharge a new battery if it wasn't registered with the car. If you're changing capacity that will need inputting too.

Associate
Perhaps I’m being overly fussy (?), has anyone successfully progressed a warranty claim for slight alloy corrosion with BMW? Both rear wheels have bubbling, the near side rear in two separate areas. It’s all on the barrel so doubt many would notice.

Car is 1.5 years old and 20k miles.

Soldato
I got 4 new alloys due to corrosion after asking them to check them at the end of warranty check and the dealer replaced them without any hassle.

It was very minor corrosion around the centre caps I was surprised they replaced one of them as I couldn't see any marks on it.

Soldato
Bought my first BMW - a 2011 118i 2.0L E88.
A very cheap car, done 100k miles, bought it for £1500 (from my mother so it's a white convertible...) after the Ford Focus decided to have no brakes whilst approaching a roundabout. It's lovely to drive and no advisories.
A couple of little things to fix - passenger occupancy sensor error (but ordered the emulator) and the seatbelt keeps jamming.

Other than that, It's nice.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
That was a fun drive to work and back today. The first two appeared on the journey to work and the FTM one came on during the drive home. Garage can't look at it till Friday.

E92 3 Series M Sport.
7d7tRFN.jpg

It isn't a BMW dealer, just your typical 2nd hand one but they should be able to run diagnostics. Under warranty too so if it needs to go back to BMW themselves they can sort it.

Is it likely issues to be issues with the sensors?

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
The FTM system uses the abs sensors as does the DSC system. So it's likely to be one of those.

Thanks. How safe is it to drive? It's 5 mile each way to work and back which includes an A-road. When driving it today it felt like the car was struggling for grip. If it isn't worth taking the risk I will look at alternative means of transport.

Associate
Thanks. How safe is it to drive? It's 5 mile each way to work and back which includes an A-road. When driving it today it felt like the car was struggling for grip. If it isn't worth taking the risk I will look at alternative means of transport.

As mentioned is probably one of the abs sensors. The struggling for grip is most likely the traction control cutting in and out due to the faulty sensor. You can get round this by disabling it (long press of the DSC button) Obviously, drive accordingly and you'll be fine until it's looked at.

maj

maj

Soldato
Thanks all. I'll just take it steady and keep an eye on things for the next few days. I never drive stupid anyway but luckily it is a rather short journey I'm having to do :)

Soldato
my seat belt on my 14 plate f20 is suddenly so sensitive. whenever i try to put it on it locks up. took me good 5 minutes today to get it on.

obviously a seat belt i dont want to go messing with it but is there anything that can be done?

Soldato
obviously a seat belt i dont want to go messing with it but is there anything that can be done?
I have a similar issue ... have not researched, yet, it but I'm assuming judicious use of teflon spray on the centrifugal mechansim (ball bearings ?) may free it ..
but accessing it may require removing a seat, to get the plastic trim off, and reveal it.

Soldato
In the 3 series, what does the Plus Pack and Tech Pack give you?

Edit - literally just found this in the brochure. Seems Tech pack is worth it but don't see the benefits of Plus Pack.

Also, what would the equivalent Audi A4 be to a 320i M Sport Tech Pack?

Man of Honour
Plus Pack adds bigger wheels, massive brakes and allows you to order it in blue which is an M Sport Plus exclusive colour.

Personally I would avoid the Plus Pack as nothing there really enhances the car, shame about the colour thing though.

The equivalent A4 will be along in three years time as the 3 series is a totally fresh model and the A4 came out to compete with the old 3 series...

Back
Top Bottom