BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
It is surely irrelevant if it is refundable and you are serious.

Edit: I paid a grand to secure my Merc, and luckily they "forgot" that they first K went onto a credit card when they pulled a face about me clearing the 31k balance on my other credit cards (for the points, baby!). So I actually ended up with 7k on a credit card when there rule was 6k.

Basically, it worked in my favour to pay the higher depo.

Commissario
It is surely irrelevant if it is refundable and you are serious.

Edit: I paid a grand to secure my Merc, and luckily they "forgot" that they first K went onto a credit card when they pulled a face about me clearing the 31k balance on my other credit cards (for the points, baby!). So I actually ended up with 7k on a credit card when there rule was 6k.

Basically, it worked in my favour to pay the higher depo.

I'm serious, they have reduced it to £500 but it's non refundable.

Caporegime
That is what I said, but they argue if I pull out that they may have missed out on a potential sale with another buyer.

Not impressed, I'm tempted to walk and look elsewhere.
Imagine if they take three or four non refundable £1k deposits from potential customers? Nice little earner. Is it a rare or in demand car? When are you going to view it?

Soldato
That is what I said, but they argue if I pull out that they may have missed out on a potential sale with another buyer.

How rare is the car?

If there's clearly something wrong with it they will refund you anyway. Take it you're speaking to some sales guy not the sales manager or dealer principal at this stage. If you needed to you could get them involved to get your refund.

Soldato

Oh man that's tough. Non refundable is bonkers. I'd walk out of principle but that isn't going to get you into a car! Very shady tactics!

Soldato
Commissario
How long have they had the car?

On the AUC site I think the first few digits of the advert ID is the date it was first added (shared platform with AutoTrader I think)

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/202108276693470
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108276693470

That for example - 20210827 - added on the 27th August 2021.

If they've had it up for weeks, I wouldn't necessarily panic too much that it'll be gone by Saturday anyway.
Ta for that, 26th July 2021

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
No, not rare at all. It's a M140i, they have 3 or 4 more on their forecourt.

I was going to go and view at the weekend.
When we got ours we just rang up and went straight over to see it. No deposit needed, just viewed, checked it over and even got a little bit off cos of a slight ding on the rear quarter. Paid £19k back in May i think it was, M140i with a lot of extras but unfortunately its white lol.

Back
Top Bottom