BMW and M Power Owners

I don’t think the e is worth it used.

It’s no additional cost on warranty, but I don’t think that it’s worth taking on the risk.

The key selling point is that it has EV functionality for short journeys. But when the battery on a 50k mile car is already at 15 miles max charge, it kinda eliminates that value add.

In your boat I’d go 330i. Still well nippy and a decent engine.

I think you’d hate a 320i. Just doesn’t have enough torque if you’re used to a B58.

I agree, I think I’ve ruled out a 320i.

So it’s back to 330i or e, to me they seem somewhat interchange. For my usage, either would be nice. The things I want can be found on both… some more common than others I admit.

As much as I don’t like the idea of a depleted battery, even 15 would get me to work and back twice a week. I guess that’s car dependent too.

Perhaps I’m at the point either is great, as long as the packs I want are there.

Defo can’t afford m340i for now, perhaps in a few years.

So it turns out the online configurator is correct and the LCI has just been announced for the 2 & 3 series. Typical! No more silver alloy options, all jet black and diamond cut. Steering wheel now has red line through the middle.
Need to have a think

So it turns out the online configurator is correct and the LCI has just been announced for the 2 & 3 series. Typical! No more silver alloy options, all jet black and diamond cut. Steering wheel now has red line through the middle.
Need to have a think
Worst case you can have the alloys refurbed in silver, probably will be max £150 per corner.

Worst case you can have the alloys refurbed in silver, probably will be max £150 per corner.

They were not silver, they were grey and diamond cut to match the mirrors and the other bits of trim, all of which are now black. I'm sure its possible but do you really want to be messing about changing all that and having the wheels/tyres removed and sprayed etc on a brand new car?

This happened when I was starting to look at an M340i so I just found it easier to buy a used version of exactly the colour I was after instead which is what I suggest might be the best option here as well.

There are a number of low mileage M240i available from under £40k on the BMW approved used site currently.

Need to have a think
Horses for courses, but I can't see them being deal breakers. The main point of a 240i is to have a B58, everything else is pretty much secondary IMO.

Poverty spec ones do seem to sit slightly cheaper, or at least akin to 320i’s. Part of me thinks the worst of the depreciation is over… and realistically how low can a 3 series go.
is there a good supply of cars in your post-code can you be choosy ?
in Cambs within 50 miles 320/330 manual petrol touring, M/X 2017-2021 I've been looking for a couple of months,
I want some economy, and ok the car would mostly be used for single commute, where 180bhp would be 'fine'

is there a good supply of cars in your post-code can you be choosy ?
in Cambs within 50 miles 320/330 manual petrol touring, M/X 2017-2021 I've been looking for a couple of months,
I want some economy, and ok the car would mostly be used for single commute, where 180bhp would be 'fine'

Glasgow is a bit rubbish, typically I need to travel further to potentially some good options up.

Actually, think most of my previous cars have been bought down south!

Worth the extra over a 320i though, which I'm not sure the 330i is.

320i feels lethargic due to a lack of torque.

Fine if you're coming from a Focus.

But OP is coming from the already awesome B58.

A 330i will already be a step down, but it's torquey enough that you still get a decent amount of low down grunt

330d is ideal, but when looking, I couldn't find one with options I wanted for much less than a 340i.

330i was similarly priced to a 320d when I was looking.

I'd go xDrive every time. My wife's 128ti struggles to put the power down off the line as soon as there's a smattering of rain or it gets a bit cold. Must be even more apparent in higher power versions. Not sure if there is a big difference in front and rear wheel drive.

Last edited:
I'd go xDrive every time. My wife's 128ti struggles to put the power down off the line as soon as there's a smattering of rain or it gets a bit cold. Must be even more apparent in higher power versions. Not sure if there is a big difference in front and rear wheel drive.

Feel like that’s a tyre issue. I didn’t have a problem with my 135i with PS5s :)

Also FWD - you get rearward weight transfer upon acceleration, so fronts go lighter.

Last edited:
Actually, think most of my previous cars have been bought down south!
you haven't been bitten by buying too far from home then - prospect of not being able to easily visit for niggles puts me off.
(heard an article on cazoo today those 90 day warranties are burned - but had never contemplate them anyway or cinch)

330i was similarly priced to a 320d when I was looking.
and - you went 320d because you found a deal plus potential of good economy on long trips ?

I'm resigned to a step down from m52, because I want more fuel and insurance premium economy than a b58, sub £500 insurance, both should help depreciation too.

Feel like that’s a tyre issue. I didn’t have a problem with my 135i with PS5s :)

Also FWD - you get rearward weight transfer upon acceleration, so fronts go lighter.
It has stock Bridgestone's, Potenza I think. My M850i just feels absolutely implacable in comparison - it feels like it can put all its power down regardless of weather/surface where as the 128ti struggles to. Driving could very well be a factor :) But based on that I'd always go xDrive.

Which wiper blades fit the G20?

I’ve been through Bosch and Michelin - neither of which fit, but say they do.

Reluctant to spend £70 on some bloody wipers direct from BMW.

Not 100% sure about the G, but Valeo are the best I've used on the F platform.

Rumour has it that was what BMW fitted from new.

Back
Top Bottom