BMW and M Power Owners

AT, Hockenheim Silver, 2019, 28k miles, M2 Plus Pack, M2 Comfort Pack, Big Brake Kit - £34,991 (advertised since 22/03/24 and reduced from £35,991)

I had a chat with them and ran through some basics. It has been up for sale for 2 months, someone took it out yesterday and another test drive is booked for this weekend. 2 previous owners, full BMW service history, last serviced in May, running in service completed at 1301 miles, no mods/not remapped, MPSS on all corners, iDrive showing front/rear pads to be changed at 47k and 70k.

My preference would be AUC for the warranty/peace of mind but that example seems to tick every single box and it comes with existing BMW warranty, so it wouldn't cost a fortune to extend.

It's a toss up between Long Beach Blue and Hockenheim Silver, both look incredible.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjt
but that example seems to tick every single box and it comes with existing BMW warranty, so it wouldn't cost a fortune to extend.
if i recall correctly, once the original bmw warranty expires you can get the insured warranty with the discount already applied right after as there will be no lapse of the warranty period

Last edited:
AT, Hockenheim Silver, 2019, 28k miles, M2 Plus Pack, M2 Comfort Pack, Big Brake Kit - £34,991 (advertised since 22/03/24 and reduced from £35,991)

I had a chat with them and ran through some basics. It has been up for sale for 2 months, someone took it out yesterday and another test drive is booked for this weekend. 2 previous owners, full BMW service history, last serviced in May, running in service completed at 1301 miles, no mods/not remapped, MPSS on all corners, iDrive showing front/rear pads to be changed at 47k and 70k.

My preference would be AUC for the warranty/peace of mind but that example seems to tick every single box and it comes with existing BMW warranty, so it wouldn't cost a fortune to extend.

It's a toss up between Long Beach Blue and Hockenheim Silver, both look incredible.
MPSS is probably a negative if you plan on using it year round against PS4S. However, still a great tyre, but bare in mind in winter it will be significantly sketchier than PS4S.

Also extending the warranty is not that cheap. With a £250 excess on full cover you will pay £830+, without roadside assistance.

Last edited:

Couple of friends have M2. We went to the Nurburgring with a Hock M2C and it was fantastic. He had the traction stuff on and you could feel the rear end sorting itself out.

We'll be going out again next month to test all the new goodies he's had fitted to it.

I really like them. I've often considered selling my Evo for an M2C.

Looking like I'll be picking up an M3 tomorrow, just trying to negotiate a couple of minor things that I expect I won't get but I'm asking anyway (service plans, alloy insurance included etc)

Be sad to see the C63S go, but 4 years of both C63 and then C63S ownership, just fancy a bit of a change. Will miss the noise the most, the M3 sounds guff in comparison but unless I buy older or spend supercar money, cars just aren't going to sound as good as what I have now, so need to accept that and move on :D

It's got the Ultimate pack so think it has everything, and it's in Isle of Man Green with Silverstone interior, which I bloody love as a combo.

It's a November 2023 car so I've got well over 2 years warranty, but I assume the warranty I'll get is the full manufacturers warranty and not some BMW approved used warranty? I did ask but I wasn't exactly sure based off the answer

Blue is the better colour :D
It looks incredible in the sun. Not hard to see why it's the most popular colour.

In an ideal world LBB would be the choice, but as I'm moving from an Estoril Blue car, I am open to trying something new (hence why Hockenhiem is on the list).

MPSS is probably a negative if you plan on using it year round against PS4S. However, still a great tyre, but bare in mind in winter it will be significantly sketchier than PS4S.

Also extending the warranty is not that cheap. With a £250 excess on full cover you will pay £830+, without roadside assistance.

This is exactly why I want an AUC car or one that already comes with some warranty left so I can extend. It's £845 for fully comp, £250 excess and no roadside assistance when renewing. It's close to £1600 when adding a new policy. I'd prefer to have £800 in my back pocket thanks!

Picked up this unmolested manual 1-owner 2018 LCI OG M2 on Monday and I had a proper drive of it this evening.
It was sitting in the garage for the last 2 days with a chlorine dioxide bomb as the "non smoker" car BMW sold me was in fact a smoker car :mad: Why are all car dealers utter lying scumbags?
I have the nose of a bloodhound and it didn't smell at all on the test drive as they must've just valeted it, but I very much noticed it on the long drive home 10 days' later. Also discovered it doesn't have lumbar support(!) but this can be retrofitted relatively easily.

Anyway, had a proper drive of this just now and it's a properly sorted little brute! What's amazing is how docile it is around town and low speeds, but how much of a hooligan it can be when you really put your foot down.

3JEAoq4.jpeg

Last edited:
do they provide this in writing - or can/would you get any additional assurance from any early visit to bmw

do they provide this in writing - or can/would you get any additional assurance from any early visit to bmw
I would certainly ask for confirmation in writing or evidenced in person via ITSA as Chris mentioned.

After reading through various forum threads I'm actually inclined to avoid a car with the big brake kit. It increases the tyre size to 19" and not very many tyres will actually fit. The ceramic brakes will only really be useful for heavy track work, which I'm undecided on if I'll do any track work at all.

I had a chat with BMW regarding this car. I think it's priced slightly too high (2019 car but priced as a 2020) and it has only just gone up for sale, so likely no wiggle room on the price. However, judging by the video they sent it's in immaculate condition. Wheels perfect, no chips/marks/scratches on the bodywork. PS4S on the front, PSS on the rear, with the fronts brand new. It has just been serviced and air con re-gassed. Front pads 10k and rears 19k until changing. Low mileage. All options I want. Perfect colour.

The only downsides are price and 3 previous owners (which seems excessive to me for a 2019 car but then it is an M car after all).

It's local so I'm tempted to go over and have a look this weekend.

Last edited:
Looking like I'll be picking up an M3 tomorrow, just trying to negotiate a couple of minor things that I expect I won't get but I'm asking anyway (service plans, alloy insurance included etc)

Be sad to see the C63S go, but 4 years of both C63 and then C63S ownership, just fancy a bit of a change. Will miss the noise the most, the M3 sounds guff in comparison but unless I buy older or spend supercar money, cars just aren't going to sound as good as what I have now, so need to accept that and move on :D

It's got the Ultimate pack so think it has everything, and it's in Isle of Man Green with Silverstone interior, which I bloody love as a combo.

It's a November 2023 car so I've got well over 2 years warranty, but I assume the warranty I'll get is the full manufacturers warranty and not some BMW approved used warranty? I did ask but I wasn't exactly sure based off the answer
Please don't tell me you pxed your C63S...

When the F40 M135i came out, I thought that's hideous, it can't get worse than that... But yet again BMW has done its magic and they exceeded all my expectations with the F70. :o

Interesting first week of F90 M5 ownership; it receives far more attention that I would ever have anticipated.

1. Waiting at a traffic light controlled roundabout and two kids walking by start taking photos, one even kneels down to get a good angle! The bus driver next to me is looking in to the car thinking "who is this guy".

2. I park up, guy walking past says "nice car"

3. I'm standing near the car trying to fathom the parking machine and a group guys walk past slowly and have talk among themselves about car.

4. Numerous occasions where people take a pause.

This may have been a complete coincidence of a first week and no one ever comments on the car again. But not something I expected on what is to all intents large family [super] saloon. It's been quite nice/positive so far albeit a bit unusual.

Not so good

1. Skoda Estate on the M1 tried to entice to do something but not quite sure what. He sped up when I sped up, slowed down when I slowed down. It was all very odd.

2. Some sort of crossover Ford ST SUV up really close behind me, driving in middle of road behind me, again I presume trying to get a reaction - on the A14 - even though had a whole lane next to me to pass by.

Again, years of driving a Jaguar, not used to this kind of behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom