BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I don't mind the new M2 without the silly M performance bits & exhaust. I just wish the interior was a bit more exciting.

Associate
I think the side profile of the g87 looks better than any current BMW (especially if lowered and spaced). The front looks a lot better with a aftermarket spitter, it just ties it in nicely. The rear I’m still not sure about tbh.

That m performance rear wing looks good, but is very expensive to purchase after delivery. £2300:eek:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's 2.44 tonnes, same as my X5 hybrid. Madness!

An X5 is a 4 wheel drive 5 series estate with a higher ride height, so I am not sure why you're surprised about that.

I don't want people to think I am defending the new M5, I really don't like it at all. But some of these comparisons are not really very useful.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Indeed. The M5 is capable of making anyone puke on demand. The 911 isn't.

One is an electric car which can continue to be sold new after the petrol engine ban, the other isn't.

Which makes sense as the 911 is an update to a car released in 2018, the M5 is on a brand new platform which will have to last much longer.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Am I the only one who doesn't think it looks that bad? Ultimately the M5 is meant to be a high powered executive saloon, not a sports car. The fact it can rival sports cars in a straight line is just a fun thing.

The G30 LCI version looks better though, for sure, but opinions often change over time...

qw4RdAt.png

5SQFGh7.jpeg

Soldato
One is an electric car which can continue to be sold new after the petrol engine ban, the other isn't.

Which makes sense as the 911 is an update to a car released in 2018, the M5 is on a brand new platform which will have to last much longer.
Isn't the ban in 2035?

Some places say 2030. Still ages away.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It is currently 2035, but it could change to 2030 as labour have made a commitment to restore it if they are elected.

This is within the product lifecycle of the new 5 series platform.

Soldato
Am I the only one who doesn't think it looks that bad? Ultimately the M5 is meant to be a high powered executive saloon, not a sports car. The fact it can rival sports cars in a straight line is just a fun thing.

The G30 LCI version looks better though, for sure, but opinions often change over time...

qw4RdAt.png

5SQFGh7.jpeg
The rear is ok but the front , the more I look at it the more I think the designer was watching Minions when he did it.

Back
Top Bottom