BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Drove past Oxford BMW at the weekend....... They have nice M2 CS parked out front, stopped and had a look, Silver, DCT etc.. Looked up on line, 1600 miles, 2020 plate.... £79K LOL.... What a waste, if bought and actually drove it would lose thousands with every miles, so it's become pointless.
Back in reality my common M2C, now has Carplay working, iDrive updated, mirrors that now fold and security sorted....... happy Monday

Man of Honour
Went to Cheltenham BMW they have a nice Z8 in the showroom and a 3.0 CSL, think the owner owns both of them.
They are in there on a loan sort of basis, the owner has a few other cars there IIRC. They've been in the new showroom for as long as I remember.

Soldato
Never seen a kit car version lol Imran at Evolve Automotive has one 57 TYL plate, they had a show there recently with 2 other owners.

Last edited:
Associate
They said they had contacted the warranty provider and been advised that they would cover it once it was frayed but not for splits. The splits look massive to me.

In case anyone interested, that split on the left progressed to the edge over the last couple of months and they finally agreed to replace under the insured warranty.

Soldato
Drove past Oxford BMW at the weekend....... They have nice M2 CS parked out front, stopped and had a look, Silver, DCT etc.. Looked up on line, 1600 miles, 2020 plate.... £79K LOL.... What a waste, if bought and actually drove it would lose thousands with every miles, so it's become pointless.
Back in reality my common M2C, now has Carplay working, iDrive updated, mirrors that now fold and security sorted....... happy Monday

A manual M2 CS is fab fun to drive - it's like a more alive version of the 'comp, quite hard to explain. Those prices are a bit painful though aren't they? My M2c only has 24k on it, and I've only put petrol in it twice this year I think, so I can't really justify the M2CS, but I'd love one aha. *Man maths required.

Associate
I had a manual 2023 118i loan car today and going from that back into my 2019 330i is such a huge difference.

My car has the tech pack including HUD, Harmon kardon, sunroof, electric memory seats, visibility pack and probably some other stuff I’ve forgotten about. The 1 series had none of those options.

The 1 series engine shook a lot more when stop start kicked than the 3 series. It was a lot slower (obviously). It didn’t feel that comfortable or quiet to drive. I really can’t praise my 3 series more. It’s so much nicer to drive and be in.

Soldato
A manual M2 CS is fab fun to drive - it's like a more alive version of the 'comp, quite hard to explain. Those prices are a bit painful though aren't they? My M2c only has 24k on it, and I've only put petrol in it twice this year I think, so I can't really justify the M2CS, but I'd love one aha. *Man maths required.
Thought about going in and offering them my 68 plate M2C + GR Yaris and take it off their hands rather than it let go to waste and not be driven.... Didn't fancy me chances so gave it a miss ...LOL

Associate
I had a manual 2023 118i loan car today and going from that back into my 2019 330i is such a huge difference.

My car has the tech pack including HUD, Harmon kardon, sunroof, electric memory seats, visibility pack and probably some other stuff I’ve forgotten about. The 1 series had none of those options.

The 1 series engine shook a lot more when stop start kicked than the 3 series. It was a lot slower (obviously). It didn’t feel that comfortable or quiet to drive. I really can’t praise my 3 series more. It’s so much nicer to drive and be in.
My wife's 2023 128ti has the tech and comfort packs and is just brilliant fun to drive :) It was that or a polo, so glad she went with it.

Soldato

I had a similar experience a few weeks back having a brand new, manual 218i as a courtesy car. Honestly one of the most soul destroyingly dull cars I've ever driven.

Last edited:
Soldato

A bottom spec hatchback is less refined than a window salesmen coupe? Colour me shocked!

Soldato
hmmh - bm not yet put a highly tuned 3 cylinder 1.5 into 3 series, arguably has a better noise than the 4 pot - maybe you'd have to reserve your annual dmf change.

Caporegime
So, got an update on my i5 M60 Touring, current status has changed to 155 - Assembly Finish/Quality Check. Deliver to dealer date of the 5th August! Looking forward to my first ever BMW (and electric car).

Shame it will come with a speed limiter.........;) Going to be an interesting used market in years to come with cars marked as pre or post 6th July 2024.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shame it will come with a speed limiter.........;) Going to be an interesting used market in years to come with cars marked as pre or post 6th July 2024.
Thought it was 143mph on the M60, 120mph on the eDrive40 models? To be fair i've not gone over 80mph very many times in nearly 20 years after getting pulled doing 97mph on the motorway back in 2004 after the copper had me unofficially at 117mph but got blocked by traffic before he could catch me to register me at that speed. :D

Back
Top Bottom