BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I am 50/50 on it really, but I'd generally prefer to have it for most cars. I absolutely hate aftermarket tints though, even done well they look a mess with the little white outline.

Soldato
Soldato
Any F series owners had sticky handbrakes?
When driving off there is a loud squealing. Dealer temporarily rectified this at the 5th visit(!!) with new brake shoes, however issue has returned.

I am loathe to visit again and have to pay the £250 excess just for them to not fix it again.
As an update to all this, it turns out it went in 6 times for this. I sent an email last night to BMW UK, who has contacted the dealer. Will see what happens!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It's showing as mileage based from the pictures I took:

Bm4sLe2.jpeg

ZO1wDQZ.jpeg

Full history for reference:

Car registered - 02/19
Running in service - 18/06/19, 1304 miles
Engine oil / microfilter service - 11/12/20, 4700 miles (late by 2 months)
Service - 12/11/21, 6247 miles
User car service - 09/09/22, 12388 miles
Brake fluid service - 02/10/23, 18946 miles
Used car service - 21/06/24, 21563 miles

I need to check some of those services to see what was done.
I think you're over thinking this. So the oil and cabin filter was changed two months late, FOUR YEARS AGO.
If the rest of the car checks out, just get over it. Mega low mileage during COVID anyway. Unless you're looking for reasons NOT to buy the car, in which case walk away .

Soldato
I think you're over thinking this. So the oil and cabin filter was changed two months late, FOUR YEARS AGO.

Yeah - I’m OCD but even this is beyond me :D

The car is exactly what you want and being sold by BMW? I can’t see the problem myself.

Soldato
If the rest of the car checks out, just get over it. Mega low mileage during COVID anyway. Unless you're looking for reasons NOT to buy the car, in which case walk away .
You're not wrong, I am most definitely overthinking this.

I've done all the research, aware of all the running costs. I can afford it. It ticks all the boxes. It's sold by BMW, comes with warranty/MOT and no immediate servicing required. The car checks out apart from the minor things listed above.

No locking myself into a PCP or HP, just part exchange + cash + personal loan. Flexibility so I can keep the car as long or as short as I want.

Time to get it bought :D

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Nearly a month in to F90 M5 ownership and absolutely loving it. However still not used to the silliness from other drivers it seems to trigger. Just in one evening yesterday had a Astra tailgating me and speeding up and slowing down. Then one of those electric Seat (quite aggressive in styling) tailgated me down country lanes as inches off bumper. Had an X5 on the M1 misinterpret an overtake for a prompt to race and it started trying undertakes and all sorts.

I don't drive it everyday so these encounters particularly standout. Don't get anything like this in the other car.

It is what it is I suppose.

Last edited:

TS7

TS7

Soldato
It's showing as mileage based from the pictures I took:

Bm4sLe2.jpeg

ZO1wDQZ.jpeg

Full history for reference:

Car registered - 02/19
Running in service - 18/06/19, 1304 miles
Engine oil / microfilter service - 11/12/20, 4700 miles (late by 2 months)
Service - 12/11/21, 6247 miles
User car service - 09/09/22, 12388 miles
Brake fluid service - 02/10/23, 18946 miles
Used car service - 21/06/24, 21563 miles

I need to check some of those services to see what was done.

This is from the BMW Fleet & Business Sales update:

"If you have cars on-fleet requiring a service during the delays caused by Covid-19, to support you during the Coronavirus outbreak we will ensure the warranty will be unaffected by this disruption. All cars serviced within three months or 2,000 miles (whichever is earlier) of the service indicator will be protected in full by any applicable warranty."

If you've discussed it with BMW, it's being sold as an AUC with the warranty, the dealer has confirmed OK Orange is within BMW tolerance and you're happy with the spec, colour and price: go for it! Summer is here, perfect time to drive such a car.

Soldato
Nearly a month in to F90 M5 ownership and absolutely loving it. However still not used to the silliness from other drivers it seems to trigger. Just in one evening yesterday had a Astra tailgating me and speeding up and slowing down. Then one of those electric Seat (quite aggressive in styling) tailgated me down country lanes as inches off bumper. Had an X5 on the M1 misinterpret an overtake for a prompt to race and it started trying undertakes and all sorts.

I don't drive it everyday so these encounters particularly standout. Don't get anything like this in the other car.

Get some dashcams fitted incase some of these morons bump into you or you need to send a video to the cops!!

Last edited:
Soldato
The court of public opinion has already spoken it seems, although as usual, predominantly by those that could never afford one. F10 M5 was the last great M5 IMO. However, journo's seem to love it, again, as expected, in a controlled environment around the Salzburgring. Time will tell, but a car that has a kerb weight more than my D5 Discovery is utter madness

Associate

That is typical M ownership unfortunately. I find electric car drivers the worst. Although they only want to race from the traffic lights. They never want to race on dual carriageways/ motorways, as they have rubbish top ends (or anything over 60mph tbh) :D

Back
Top Bottom