BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Well devastated isn’t the word, as you may have seen purchased a portimao blue 330i in December and my house got broken into last night they took the key and stole it whilst sleeping 3am.

I’ve got a literal 2 day old baby and a toddler in the house too. Made me think what’s the point in having nice things makes me sick.

They drove it 15 mins away removed my contents and tracker and poof it’s off the grid.
ah man that is awful.... I had a car stolen about 9 months ago, it really sucks...

What tracker was it and where was it installed?

Soldato
One that comes with the car that’s traceable with the my bmw app.
Ah, so they just unplugged the ATM module then.

When you get a replacement, have a look into a Ghost immobiliser and an S7 tracker.

Even with your key, they won't be going anywhere.

There is a big difference between a person who breaks in silently to steal the key, and the ones who would be happy to take the massive risk with confrontation with the owner.

I'll take the odds that they won't want the risk of waking me up. Actually, please go ahead. I have a poop ton of bottled up anger I'd happily release on some chav. (Or cry Luke a little girl and give them the code... who knows eh)

Soldato
Pretty sure I asked this before, how do you know?
Human nature.

Wiki has pages that mention 0.2% of cases involved physical confrontation.

An Australian site sites that 95% of key thefts are "sneak theft" to physically avoid confrontation.

I'm not debating this with you. So don't bother.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Human nature.

Wiki has pages that mention 0.2% of cases involved physical confrontation.

An Australian site sites that 95% of key thefts are "sneak theft" to physically avoid confrontation.

I'm not debating this with you. So don't bother.
You say you're not debating this, but quote wikipedia? :cry:

If someone has broken into my house, take the car. Couldn't care less. I'd rather not risk the chance that they might wake me up asking for some code.

Soldato
You say you're not debating this, but quote wikipedia? :cry:

If someone has broken into my house, take the car. Couldn't care less. I'd rather not risk the chance that they might wake me up asking for some code.
Thanks for proving my point.

Human nature to avoid confrontation.

Kthxbyeeeee

Associate
Having someone creep into the house to nick keys is definitely something I worry about sometimes. Rough, sorry to those it's happened to. Didn't have doorbell cam, other cameras or door sensors/motion sensors in the house? Or they circumvented them?

Soldato
Doorbell cam just shows car on the drive at 2:30 and gone by 3:30. Neighbours have them creeping it down the road at 3:06 and 2 jumping in the back seats. My car tracked to a place at 3:16 where my belongings were and the tracker and it was seen on an ANPR at 3:22 and not seen since.

Soldato
Well devastated isn’t the word, as you may have seen purchased a portimao blue 330i in December and my house got broken into last night they took the key and stole it whilst sleeping 3am.

I’ve got a literal 2 day old baby and a toddler in the house too. Made me think what’s the point in having nice things makes me sick.

They drove it 15 mins away removed my contents and tracker and poof it’s off the grid.
This is genuinely one of my concerns in upgrading my 12 year old F11 to a 3 year old G21, what with having 2 young kids in the house. But I guess we can’t live in fear…

Soldato

Gutted for you, as you say what’s point in having nice things. Glad your family is ok, everything else can be replaced.

Man of Honour
Thanks for proving my point.

Human nature to avoid confrontation.
There's a clear difference between a car thief who has gone into someones home, and someone in bed asleep, with potentially their children in the house.

As mentioned, it's a risk I personally do not want to take. You cannot make assumptions about the type of people who steal cars and how they would behave in a given situation.

Soldato
Does anyone know the cost of the tech pack and laser lights / visibility pack as an add on to the G20? Is Msport default on a 330i also?

Reason I’m asking is we buy any car is £19,500 and I paid £24,500 6 months ago but they don’t take into account its optional extras which I’ll likely have to argue for.

Thanks

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This will depend on the year of the car, but for a 2021 3 Series:

Technology Package was £1900
Visibility Package was £1500

The 330i was available as a Sport or an M Sport, but each version had its own price and a valuation will be based on it being an M Sport.

I don't think the new price of these options is as relevant as you think on a used car. It's not going to add £3400 to the value of a 2021 car now.

Soldato
Does anyone know the cost of the tech pack and laser lights / visibility pack as an add on to the G20? Is Msport default on a 330i also?

Reason I’m asking is we buy any car is £19,500 and I paid £24,500 6 months ago but they don’t take into account its optional extras which I’ll likely have to argue for.

Thanks
Try Motorway. WBAC is a bit faceless; Motorway is a platform that will have actual dealers looking at it. If its a desirable car with marketable options, you might do slightly better.

Man of Honour
Its for an insurance claim..

This is completely different then - why is the We Buy Any Car price relevant? Surely what matters is the cost to you of replacing the car with another one the same as yours. You are not We Buy Any Car and presumably don't buy cars at the prices they pay?

Back
Top Bottom