BMW and M Power Owners

It says 2014 on the title but I guess it could have been made earlier and then registered? How can you tell?

Facelift cars were built from July 2013 onwards and that one isn't one of them (Not that you are missing much, the changes were not significant).

You should be able to see the build month on the sticker inside the drivers (or passenger) door.

Last edited:
Spot the difference.

IMG-0121.jpg

IMG-0125.jpg

Still need to fiddle with the bumper to bonnet gaps after refitting the bumper, plus coding required.

It’s rare to get to the conditions you need for laser lights anyway. I could get them to work in a iX on my usual stretch where there’s no streetlights and minimal traffic. I got them to
Work on a Velar once. Had to be +50mph, no cars, no streetlights, most people won’t see them operate which limits justification on something like a 3 series.

Laser complement the main beam system anyway, it’s not an instead of.

I notice them on mine all the time. I can see the high spot in the centre of the beam activate almost immediately at night around 40mph.

It’s subtle but effective at increasing viewing range.

Laser lights come on any time I drive on a country road in the dark and are great. Definitely fall into nice to have rather than must have category though.

In my experience they should be anything but subtle! Are you sure they are on?

The laser lights only add extended vision from my experience and research on whether they were worth it.

On a straight road, it’s noticeable when they light up the centre of the road at a distance, and begin reflecting of signs at great distance.

They don’t impact the rest of the beam, and due to the nature of their design it is quite subtle if you don’t know what to look for.

Laser lights come on any time I drive on a country road in the dark and are great. Definitely fall into nice to have rather than must have category though.

Are you sure you're not mistaking them for the automatic high beam? Mine certainly don't work every time..

Are you sure you're not mistaking them for the automatic high beam? Mine certainly don't work every time..
Yes. It's easy enough to tell the difference if you are looking far ahead and IIRC there's usually some lag between the high beam coming on and the laser lights starting after passing traffic.

I haven’t

£20 doesn’t go very far when compared to this for example:

Makes 25L and it’s silicone free

I’m pretty sure Porsche rebrand this as their own one too.

Am I missing something ? Says summer use and doesn’t provide any details on what temperature it freezes at.

The BMW screen wash diluted slightly more than they say has been good for me down to -9c. A 5L concentrate of it lasts over a year between two cars, last container I got was only £17.

Recon I get 20-25L from the 5L of BMW screen wash as I dilute it more in the summer.

Last edited:
Am I missing something ? Says summer use and doesn’t provide any details on what temperature it freezes at.

The BMW screen wash diluted slightly more than they say has been good for me down to -9c. A 5L concentrate of it lasts over a year between two cars, last container I got was only £17.

Recon I get 20-25L from the 5L of BMW screen wash as I dilute it more in the summer.

You’re right it is a summer one :-)

It’ll be fine if it’s silicone free but I’m not sure if it is off the top of my head.
Not sure why the focus on silicone free? The bigger reason to use the BMW screen wash is it's that not using it frequently ends up in the washer pump filter clogging with a congealed mix of cheap screen wash + bacterial growth (due to reservoir location near heat in most BMW/Mini engine bays) etc.
The BMW screen wash is a strong alcohol base as I understand that prevents any growth, but doesn't mix well with other screen wash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom