BMW and M Power Owners

So what do folks who switch from RFT to non-RTF do in the event of a flat?
Carry a pump + goop and hope for the best or just call the AA//RAC?
Just call the breakdown peeps. And have a spare tyre at home.

Last time it happened, I told them I have the correct tyre, can they collect it and bring to fit.
They sent someone to my home, wife gave them the tyre and a tyre van came and fitted it on the road side.

ofc... I was only 8Miles from home. If I was 30 miles or something away, i expect the answer would have been no. lol

After my last breakdown experience was "We can get someone there in 3 to 4 hours", i'm not brave enough to rely on breakdown for a flat tyre when i'm potentially 2 hours away from home already, so i'm sticking with runflats :p

So what do folks who switch from RFT to non-RTF do in the event of a flat?
Carry a pump + goop and hope for the best or just call the AA//RAC?
Repair kit

I've recently went to view a few cars e.g. Arteon R and it had dedicated compartment for a full sized spare wheel, I was impressed!

Last edited:
Just call the breakdown peeps. And have a spare tyre at home.
wasn't he/ged suggesting that the AA might reject the call out(or charge £££) if you have non standard tyres fitted when they attended.

---

MHEV : mild hybrid thought this was interesting different architecture for 4's & 6's

Costco put Asymmetric 6s on my G20 without issue :)

I just said upfront that I don’t want run flats on the car.
I had issues with Costco (Farnborough), I had ordered and paid for PS4S online for the M340i I had at the time, when I went in they refused to fit them as they weren't BMW star rated (not because they weren't runflats though). I think the issue was it had the larger wheels (from new/dealer) and in the standard size the PS4S were ok.

Ended up with a refund and having to go elsewhere, always used to carry a larger can of tyre weld just in case, not sure keeping spare tyres is much of an option when front and back are different widths, M3 appears to come with non runflats anyway which is nice, but I wasn't lucky enough on the tyre lottery to get the PS4S from new.

I had issues with Costco (Farnborough), I had ordered and paid for PS4S online for the M340i I had at the time, when I went in they refused to fit them as they weren't BMW star rated (not because they weren't runflats though). I think the issue was it had the larger wheels (from new/dealer) and in the standard size the PS4S were ok.

Ended up with a refund and having to go elsewhere, always used to carry a larger can of tyre weld just in case, not sure keeping spare tyres is much of an option when front and back are different widths, M3 appears to come with non runflats anyway which is nice, but I wasn't lucky enough on the tyre lottery to get the PS4S from new.

It was Costco Farnborough who fitted mine

But I can see why they might have an issue fitting tyres which don’t match the factory size for the car.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom