BMW and M Power Owners

You probably would have to be unlucky but it's not really a relevant comparison as there will be a value difference between the two when you sell them, too.

You won't get the full difference back of course, as the values will compress closer as the cars age, but you'll still get a chunk more money back.

So the actual premium is (Cost of AUC - Residual of AUC)-(Cost of Moon Miler-Residual of Moon Miler).

Cruise is very handy, especially the re-call button when in a lower gear :D :D

Cruise on the E92 is a separate lever which I'm not familiar with. Coming up very close to a 50 camera I hit what I thought was the set speed button, but it turned out to be the resume button which had stored my speed from the motorway a few miles before. Turns out it's quite happy to downshift a few gears to get optimum acceleration :D

New wheel arrived today.

0i5LiD8.jpg

This thing is wide for a front!

w9Hs5mA.jpg
(Fist for scale)

New tyres were supposed to arrive today too, but they're still in Germany apparently, will have to wait till tomorrow for those, then it's time to see what else has been broken.

Just swapped my FN2 type-r for a Z4MC. Here she is:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/ruff21/Mobile%20Uploads/89e8336d-ff2f-4085-b926-7927864560af_zpsfsa59twf.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

[quote="tombomb, post: 27643962"]Butt shot

[IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/ruff21/Mobile%20Uploads/0faca47e-2243-4bd9-9749-d5d44a7575bb_zpsgz8et9fh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Your house - ermergerd.

[TW]Fox;27644499 said:
You probably would have to be unlucky but it's not really a relevant comparison as there will be a value difference between the two when you sell them, too.

You won't get the full difference back of course, as the values will compress closer as the cars age, but you'll still get a chunk more money back.

So the actual premium is (Cost of AUC - Residual of AUC)-(Cost of Moon Miler-Residual of Moon Miler).
For sure. That's what makes it a tough decision. Loans are peanuts, just depend whether I really want to sink €30k into a depreciating asset..

BMW AUC 530d low miles - €30k
www.autoscout24.eu/Details.aspx?smid=TAF-SM-TL-S&id=261196458

Moon mileage 530d - €21k
www.autoscout24.eu/Details.aspx?smid=TAF-SM-TL-S&id=266004488

Both similar specs, similar age but mahoosive price difference...

I have found higher mileage F10/11 generally seem to be fairly tatty I am not sure what it is down to but the paintwork is generally baldy marked and the drivers seat worn, on a couple of cars even the passenger and rear seats were showing wear.

On a different note I wish we had x-drive F10/11s in the UK, I was driving a 535d today and it was pointless trying to accelerate briskly as it just lit up the traction control.

[TW]Fox;27645800 said:
So £10k difference has turned into £6700 difference.

Frankly both seem fairly high miles for the money!
To be fair, I was comparing those to a 525d up for £12,500. So that's £10k :o

As for prices, you won't get much a lower mileage 530d for under €30,000 :(
I'm not fussed about mileage on an AUC as the warranty over here on AUCs is not renewable and is normally 2 years regardless of mileage, but the dealers sometimes offer 3 or 4.

Either way, if I'm spending €30k the car must have HUD, comfort seats, ACC, HiFi, etc.
And thankfully there are lots of generously specced cars around.

I have found higher mileage F10/11 generally seem to be fairly tatty I am not sure what it is down to but the paintwork is generally baldy marked and the drivers seat worn, on a couple of cars even the passenger and rear seats were showing wear.

On a different note I wish we had x-drive F10/11s in the UK, I was driving a 535d today and it was pointless trying to accelerate briskly as it just lit up the traction control.
Yeah, I've noticed that as well, but I guess it depends on the owner ultimately. Some are tatty, some look very tidy.
But you never know until you've seen it in the flesh anyway.

The vast majority are Diesel, Touring xDrives. So that's what I'm looking at.
Debating whether an OK-spec 535d is better than a properly fully specced 530d..

But then once the warranty runs out you've got another turbo to worry about!

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;27649395 said:
IMHO yes.
It's funny because I remember before you got your F10, you were saying that a Manual M Sport 535i would be your perfect car :p
Until I've driven one, I agree with you. But it's a good few k cheaper than an equivalent 535i M Sport Auto.

I don't want to spend ~€14,000 on a high mileage diesel E90 or E60 because the chain will snap.
I don't want to spend ~€20,000 on a low mileage 330i or 330d because it's an E90 and it's not worth €20,000.
I don't want to spend ~€20,000 on a low mileage 530i because it's an E60 and it's not worth €20,000.
I don't want to spend ~€20,000 on a high mileage F10 523i, 528i, 525d or 530d because meh engines and big money when something inevitably fails.

That leaves me with €30,000+ on low mileage 535s. Which is a lot of money to shove in a depreciating asset. FML.

It's funny because I remember before you got your F10, you were saying that a Manual M Sport 535i would be your perfect car :p

Nope - I always wanted an auto F10 as the 8 speed box is just so good and the car is of a sufficient size that it just doesn't suit a manual. Back in the E92 when the autobox was the older 6 speeder I wanted and picked the manual instead - same with the E39.

But autoboxes these days are so good I just can't see why you'd pick a manual outside of a sports car.

The dealers **** me off no end and it really puts a downer on the whole car owning experience then I drive the car again and it makes up for it so much...what an awesome car the 640d is, quick, quiet, comfy, lovely looking and has such a nice interior...I just want the dealer to not break 3 things every time it goes in to get one fixed :(

Back
Top Bottom