Boeing 777 shot down

Man of Honour
but equally we DID definitely know the Ukrainians had SAM that could go that high and that they have form for shooting down airliners....

Once, 13 years ago. If you avoided for that reason you would need to avoid a major super power as well :p

Soldato
Was watching the news last night, both Sky News and the BBC filling their coverage with speculation and placing the responsibility on Putin.

Nothing has been established yet. Nothing.

Why is everyone hell bent on antagonising the Russians?

This is not news. It's propaganda. And everyone is swallowing it.

Even if Russia did send the missiles over for the separatists, I doubt very much Putin would have done so with the intention of shooting down a commercial airliner.

And as for the 'experts'. Some bloke on the BBC describing what investigators would look for to confirm it was a missile attack. He went on and on about pathology and other, no doubt relative subjects but I imagine missile parts would be the most likely clue to what happened. He didn't even mention it.

This always happens at these times. 24 hour news padding, with garbage that isn't even news.

Caporegime
I agree Domo.

I was skimming through BBC 1, ITV, C4 news on TV looking for developments in the story and all you get is padded out, side related accusations and nonsense to fill air time. They pull in any "expert" that is available then ask them ridiculous, leading heart felt, unnecessary crap.

I haven't really watched TV news for about a year now and i know why.

I don't really think the constant stream of crap news they feed into peoples minds doesn't help us form intelligent opinions and make rational decisions.

Last edited:
Soldato
:confused:

Seriously ??
This region of the planet is one of the most closely monitored / surveillance'd at the moment by multiple countries due to the ongoing & escalating conflict, what is hard to understand about that!!

oh dear here we go again, have you personally seen these systems work and detect every single SAM firing from over there? You are also confusing ICBM launch detection system, massive difference in size and importance, you cant compare a 4m sam missile to a 20m ICBM.

As someone posted earlier, its propaganda blaming either side without a single expert visiting the crash site and not a single preliminary report, and what more alarming is people, even here, are swallowing with happy faces.

BTW the 2001 crash was Ukraines fault, but i wont go the next illogical step saying "they did it before it MUST be them", i'll wait for the people who investigate accidents.

But all those anti-russian hysteria is suspicious to say the least....so whats up, eyeing russian hydrocarbons, yankee style?:rolleyes:

ALso, 300 dead from the israeli invasion, nobody cares about that...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Lots of people care about what Israel does. There's several threads on it. However that has been going on for 60+years.
It is rare for a passenger plane shot down.
It's also hardly pure speculation.

You have separatists claiming it was them and they took a Ukraine transport plain down, when it came apparent it was a passenger plane, their claims where removed. Not that you can ever remove something from the net.
You then have the supposed communication intercept. Which also squarely puts it at separatists feets and also collaborates the claim, they thought it was a Ukraine transport plane.
You have US Intel saying it was a missile, but can't say which side at.

You have separatists blocking the parts of the site.
You have claims of sam being moved to Russia.

Although nothing proves it out right, that should be enough for any sane person to only have two options off opinions. Wait for more investigation, or think it was separatists who for what ever reason misidentified, unless investigation turns some other info up.

Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Fox;26629398 said:
Excellent, now we can file your posts under 'conspiracy' and continue with the thread. Nobody is going to be properly invading Russia at any point in our lifetimes, and certainly not to try and get oil.

Exactly, it's a totally stupid post.

Soldato
so what if that conflict goes on for 60 years, planes fall out of the sky on a yearly basis since the first ever flew, dont get your point there, the death of innocents is the same, and i wasnt reffering to what each one of us thinks about it but the coverage by the media.

And i am not going to swallow that the pro russians under the guidance of moscow loaded the BUK on a lorry and transported it through cities in broad daylight showing its missing missiles everywhere, i have seen this movie before and i am cautious.

Man of Honour
OP
You don't get the point that people stop talking about it when things happen on a daily basis over multiple decades. Really, you really don't understand that.

And I'm not going to believe you who think this could be some plot to invade Russia for hydrocarbons, what an absolutely stupid thing to say, nice how you forgot about all the other points, which point to separatists.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26629398 said:
Excellent, now we can file your posts under 'conspiracy' and continue with the thread. Nobody is going to be properly invading Russia at any point in our lifetimes, and certainly not to try and get oil.

russia is invaded regularly throughout its history twice every century, theres no guarantee it wont happen again, highly unlikely given the nuclear arsenal but you cant tell the future, unless you have a cystal ball and all

Back
Top Bottom