Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

looks like the dlc pack is now down to 19.99!

That happened a few days ago. Still not so sure. Thats the same price I paid for the game for DLC I know nothing about and will be released at an unknown time when I may not even be playing the game. £15 sounds reasonable for such unknowns, £20 is a stretch.

its just a season pass to the inevitable DLC. its not launch day-stolenfromthegame-type :D

Phew, good to hear! Was off putting at first. If you intend on actually owning all the DLC and going nuts on the game, those season passes are brilliant, loads of other games use them, saves you a fair amount of money.

I think genuine DLC where its obvious theres time & effort put into it which wouldnt happen if it wasnt paid for after release, most people are fine with it.
I suspect most people will feel they can trust gearbox on this, having seen what they did last time, and at £5 a pop, and i guess we can assume individually they'll be £8 if the accidental listing this week is anything to go by, a fiver isnt all that much and theres easily 5-10h worth of entertainment in them, so its not hard to justify, even if £20 before the games even out seems pricey.

I hope theres no Underdome Riot type DLC this time though, they feel more like side-missions, rather than proper DLC packs.

Im also furious, having seen Torchlight 2 is being released on the same day. They just couldnt give it a week or 2 :mad:

Last edited:
I'd be happy buying the season pass when I can scrape together the funds. I trust these guys with the previous game as a shining beacon to how things should be done (cept moxxis). From what the interview vid I saw was saying the new dlcs might end up being chars as much as content, so each new dlc might completely refresh the whole game for you instead of a bolt on. This makes it a lot more worth while imo.

I think genuine DLC where its obvious theres time & effort put into it which wouldnt happen if it wasnt paid for after release, most people are fine with it.
I suspect most people will feel they can trust gearbox on this, having seen what they did last time, and at £5 a pop, and i guess we can assume individually they'll be £8 if the accidental listing this week is anything to go by, a fiver isnt all that much and theres easily 5-10h worth of entertainment in them, so its not hard to justify, even if £20 before the games even out seems pricey.

I hope theres no Underdome Riot type DLC this time though, they feel more like side-missions, rather than proper DLC packs.

Im also furious, having seen Torchlight 2 is being released on the same day. They just couldnt give it a week or 2 :mad:

Watching the video a few posts up they said that there are no arena type area's so there wont be a riot dome dlc type thing which is good news!!

Cheers for pointing that out Mohawk, hadnt spotted the video, that is good news then :)

Asgard -
Torchlight 2
Available: 20 September 2012
This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, 6 days and 5 hours

Borderlands 2
Available: 20 September 2012
This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, 6 days and 3 hours
Thats taken from yesterday afternoon, so the countdown isnt accurate but steam will unlock them a matter of hours apart :(

Im not 100% committed to either at the moment, i have BL2 on preorder and always intended to get TL2 for launch thinking it'd be before BL2, and then assuming it'd be after as it got later and later without a date given, but i suppose it being a digital launch they dont need to give a long notification and get discs shipped to distributors & stores. Im a little surprised they pick that week for their release though, i'd have thought the same sort of people who'd like TL2 would like BL2. Its not like its FIFA or COD where its an entirely different crowd.

Cheers for pointing that out Mohawk, hadnt spotted the video, that is good news then :)

Asgard -

Thats taken from yesterday afternoon, so the countdown isnt accurate but steam will unlock them a matter of hours apart :(

Im not 100% committed to either at the moment, i have BL2 on preorder and always intended to get TL2 for launch thinking it'd be before BL2, and then assuming it'd be after as it got later and later without a date given, but i suppose it being a digital launch they dont need to give a long notification and get discs shipped to distributors & stores. Im a little surprised they pick that week for their release though, i'd have thought the same sort of people who'd like TL2 would like BL2. Its not like its FIFA or COD where its an entirely different crowd.

Decisions, decisions which to play first. While they will be both great games B2 will get my attention. Absolutely loved the first.

Funny, I was looking forward to this some months ago but finding it hard to get excited about it now. I don't think I'm going to buy on release - maybe pick it up in a sale.

Might be because of the limited classes and class powers:

- The soldier looks incredibly boring with the turret.
- The gunzerker is just more use of the same thing - guns.
- Zero looks interesting, but at the end of the day it's still only ONE power - cloak + decoy + critical hit enhancer.
- The siren has a form of stasis that can deal damage. Great, anything else?

Everything else is about the guns, which gets a bit dull.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the variety of tech/biotic/combat powers in the mass effect games, particularly ME3 multiplayer - for all its faults at least that had some engaging gameplay mechnanics, and wasn't all about shooting.

Funny, I was looking forward to this some months ago but finding it hard to get excited about it now. I don't think I'm going to buy on release - maybe pick it up in a sale.

Might be because of the limited classes and class powers:

- The soldier looks incredibly boring with the turret.
- The gunzerker is just more use of the same thing - guns.
- Zero looks interesting, but at the end of the day it's still only ONE power - cloak + decoy + critical hit enhancer.
- The siren has a form of stasis that can deal damage. Great, anything else?

Everything else is about the guns, which gets a bit dull.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the variety of tech/biotic/combat powers in the mass effect games, particularly ME3 multiplayer - for all its faults at least that had some engaging gameplay mechnanics, and wasn't all about shooting.

For me it was the opposite, when I first heard about it I couldnt be less interested, now I'm certainly looking forward to it. :)

I don't think there needs to be loads of action skills for each class, the current approach of one action skill with some 'perks' that change it seems good. But I would prefer if there where more ways to change the skill up instead but none the less :D

I would at least prefer a choice of 3 action skills, each of which can be customised.

So say pick between phasewalk, phaselock, and one other skill for the siren.

Back
Top Bottom