Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

I dunno, playing a western themed looting game on an alien planet feels strange without a revolver in my hand. I do know the appeal of the repeaters thoguh, some of the machine pistols I've come across are absolutely beastly.

Revolvers had the advantage of almost always triggering there elemental effect. I can't be the only 1 who had massive problems with Alpha Skags early on in the game (Shock Crystal Caverns anyone?), then something dropped a Corrosive/Incendiary Revolver and suddenly you'd be dropping them left right n centre.

I can only hope they have done something about the downright ****ed up elemental system in this game. There were so many stupid hidden modifiers and unknown stats about it.

Revolvers had the advantage of almost always triggering there elemental effect. I can't be the only 1 who had massive problems with Alpha Skags early on in the game (Shock Crystal Caverns anyone?), then something dropped a Corrosive/Incendiary Revolver and suddenly you'd be dropping them left right n centre.

I can only hope they have done something about the downright ****ed up elemental system in this game. There were so many stupid hidden modifiers and unknown stats about it.

Yup i had that too, absolute pigs at times, but once you had any sort of fire/electric/corrosive modded weapon they went down quite easily - And yea the hidden stats etc were a downright pain in the backside, but the community did a good job working out most of the decent ones, so you had an idea what to look for.

Yup i had that too, absolute pigs at times, but once you had any sort of fire/electric/corrosive modded weapon they went down quite easily - And yea the hidden stats etc were a downright pain in the backside, but the community did a good job working out most of the decent ones, so you had an idea what to look for.

Yeah they did but the system was so totally backwards it kinda spoilt it a little. You had a different chance per weapon to trigger the elemental effect which ranged from Revolvers being almost always to Combat Rifles being hardly ever. The effect could trigger different strengths and they took different amounts from a hidden 'elemental pool' which when that drained meant you couldn't trigger the effect anymore and it slowly regened. All the skills that said 'increases elemental effect chance' did nothing of the sort, I think they just increased the regen speed.

And what character will you play? :D

The freedom of choice.

However if he chooses to play Zer0 with his invisiblity while going commando.... well...

Yeah they did but the system was so totally backwards it kinda spoilt it a little. You had a different chance per weapon to trigger the elemental effect which ranged from Revolvers being almost always to Combat Rifles being hardly ever. The effect could trigger different strengths and they took different amounts from a hidden 'elemental pool' which when that drained meant you couldn't trigger the effect anymore and it slowly regened. All the skills that said 'increases elemental effect chance' did nothing of the sort, I think they just increased the regen speed.

Ah, i had no idea it was that backwards, crikey we can only hope they dont do that again - On a side note im regretting pre-ordering from GMG as i doubt ill get my steam codes before the offical date so no chance of early play with the possible VPN (still dont know if that will work).

Took the plunge and ordered it on Steam, so how does it work with preorders, noticed it is in my all games menu but i cant pre-install yet, will it install on its own?

Really looking forward to it now. Still no mention of mods, loved the first, after my first play through got some bonkers guns and shields made, that made a for a great frag fest.

Yeah GMG are supposed to be pretty good but they're still an unauthorised retailer aren't they? I don't think its a problem for most games though. I am a little tempted to get the DLC pass if you can get it for £15.

Back
Top Bottom