Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I was wondering on the likelihood of there will be a VPN trick on the US 18th date, unlocking it then rather than the UK 21st.
I seem to recall a similar thing was possible for BF3?

Wheres the love man, so little discussion about the game...

i have waited all this year for this game and not discussing on purpose :D dont want to know about it so when i play it total surprise and fresh.

all my mates will have it so coop is going to be a blast like bl 1 was.

Has anyone checked out the Skill Trees on the borderlands 2 website? They look pretty cool. Axtons turret sounds like it could kick some serious ass (unlike Rolands which was a load of crap). The Gunzerker looks crazy and Zer0 looks crazy awesome. His skill that can stack a small amount of crit/damage up to 999 times? That is going to be so awesome.

Has anyone checked out the Skill Trees on the borderlands 2 website?
OOooooo I was not aware these were available. I'll take a look, thanks for the heads up!

As for the VPN trick. I will be trying this as before. Its seriously stupid that theres staggered release dates on a global rollout platform...

Torn between Axton and Zero not sure who would be best! might have to flick between the 2 when its released!

Zero is the first char I've seen where I'm happy to fill every single little point in one skill tree! I'm going full sniper on him. I have to say though, speed boost when killing someone, massive increase in backstab melee damage, health regen on kill, increased deception on melee kill. I have a vision of a stealthed assassin running out from enemy to enemy 1 hitting them and never having to take a hit... Thats gonna be a nasty build to beat.
But meh I'm a sniper at heart. I want to fight for 999 stacks of +5% dmg!
Or I'll go full on assault rifle specced axton. Those are the 2 builds I spent most of my time on for borderlands 1.

Can't wait for this, recently replayed the first one, the 4 pack on steam is looking like a solid deal too.

I was wondering on the likelihood of there will be a VPN trick on the US 18th date

I would say that it is very likely, there isn't any system in place for a game launch, providing hundreds of thousands or millions of users that can check if using a vpn and check address and then deny you.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I was wondering on the likelihood of there will be a VPN trick on the US 18th date, unlocking it then rather than the UK 21st.
I seem to recall a similar thing was possible for BF3?

More than likely it will work, just sucks ill be waiting till the 21st as I pre-ordered from Green Man gaming

So glad I picked up the 4 for £80 when it was on offer. Sold the others to clan mates, just waiting on payment from one of them. Cannot wait for this. I enjoyed the first one so much. A brilliant blend of action, adventure and humour. It's got some big shoes to fill!

Zero is the first char I've seen where I'm happy to fill every single little point in one skill tree! I'm going full sniper on him. I have to say though, speed boost when killing someone, massive increase in backstab melee damage, health regen on kill, increased deception on melee kill. I have a vision of a stealthed assassin running out from enemy to enemy 1 hitting them and never having to take a hit... Thats gonna be a nasty build to beat.
Or I'll go full on assault rifle specced axton. Those are the 2 builds I spent most of my time on for borderlands 1.

Yeah I know what you mean about the stealth assassin. When they talked about it I always thought "say it all you want, you'll get your ass handed to you if you try it", but looking at his skills for it I can really see it working and being pretty damn powerful too.

Agree with you on that, the sniper rifles in BL1 were my most used weapon along with a pistol of some sort (revolver i think), i might try the dual wield one aswell that sounds like fun.

Agree with you on that, the sniper rifles in BL1 were my most used weapon along with a pistol of some sort (revolver i think), i might try the dual wield one aswell that sounds like fun.

I still have fond memories of when my sniper char found a revolver that was not only more powerful then his best sniper rifle but also randomly triggered one of 3 different elemental effects. God I loved that gun :p

I still have fond memories of when my sniper char found a revolver that was not only more powerful then his best sniper rifle but also randomly triggered one of 3 different elemental effects. God I loved that gun :p

You know what i think i had that one at some point, but my favourite was the pure Fire damage ones, at higher levels they kicked some serious arse.

Been playing through the first Borderlands to get back into the fever for lootan and shootan. Mordecai is still one of my favourite characters to play, so Zer0 will probably be the first one I play with on BL2. Are there any characters that have pistols as a prominent 'favoured' weapon? (eg. Mord had Snipers and Pistols, Roland had Rifles and Shotguns). Think I'll still use revolvers with Zer0 in any case, such a nice gun to use with a semi auto sniper.

Good to see other people enjoyed Revolvers the most, i did also. Rarely saw other people using them in my multiplayer games.

Pestilent Defiler anyone?!

Really cant wait to get stuck into this now. Checked out the skill-trees on the Borderlands2 Website, cant really make up my mind who to play as first. Siren or Gunzerker i think. Though Axtons turret looks pretty strong in the videos ive watched. Zer0 interests me the least so i will play him last.

On my most recent mordicai character I have taken to using repeater pistols, they are utterly devastating well the high fire rate with high clip capacity ones, talking 71 clip size 12 + rof. Empty a clip into an enemy in seconds and its utterly brutal. Only issue is running out of ammo but i never knew how powerful they were.

Back
Top Bottom