Borderlands 3

Man of Honour
After 6 months of epic exclusivity or straight away?

Dont think it actually said to be fair, wouldnt surprise me if it was straight away though, there are a few supposed Epic exclusives which are on the ms gamepass , like Metro Exodus, Operencia, Phoenix Point, Outer Worlds, all supposedly Epic exclusive, yet all on MS too.

One thing I hadnt considered, theres always the possibility I suppose that although it may be on MS that you actually still need the Epic launcher to play it..for example, you can actually buy Borderlands 3 on Humble Bundle, but it still uses the Epic launcher.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Think I’ll probably get it on PS4 and then pick it up on Steam when it becomes the game of the year edition. All the marketing is based around PS4 and I haven’t heard what the PC is getting over the console version in terms of extra features (if any)

Man of Honour
I can't find any mention that it'll be on game pass?

You sure you aren't confusing it with the handsome collection?

I cant find anything on it now either, it was in an article a while back. Remember when Epic did their sale and the Borderlands guys werent happy that Borderlands 3 was in the sale and for a while Borderlands 3 was removed from the Epic Store, thats when I saw the article saying it would be on MS (as its a 2K title) and then when Borderlands 3 returned to the Epic Store all mention of "exclusive" had been removed from the Epic page for the game. Definitely wasnt the Handsome collection though.

Mind you, even if it ends up not on MS, can always buy it from humblebundle (as its also for sale on there) rather than direct from Epic if the non-Epic folk want to not do any monetary transactions with Epic

Soldato
They've implemented sliding a la Apex and mantling a la Titanfall, as well as a new player ping system which will be superb in BL. Otherwise it seems more of what we love.

If you buy it on release day in physical media, is it locked into Epic Game Store? Or can I add the key to steam?

Edit: ive seen that the physical copies are just codes, and the codes will be for EGS so I'm out. Was considering the Collectors too. Maybe ill get it for PS4.

Man of Honour
They've implemented sliding a la Apex and mantling a la Titanfall, as well as a new player ping system which will be superb in BL. Otherwise it seems more of what we love.

If you buy it on release day in physical media, is it locked into Epic Game Store? Or can I add the key to steam?

Edit: ive seen that the physical copies are just codes, and the codes will be for EGS so I'm out. Was considering the Collectors too. Maybe ill get it for PS4.

Yeah, dont think you can add it to Steam, though it comes out on Steam 6months later I think anyway. Personally I will be buying it on PC on day one, so many of my friends and guildmates are and I dont want to be the only guy in the guild who has to sit and watch them all enjoying it while I'm unable to play, so its day 1 for me too :)

Soldato
me too even though I am dreading the thought of another flippin' launcher! If you move to Steam when it's out on steam would you have to re-start the game all over again?

Soldato
me too even though I am dreading the thought of another flippin' launcher! If you move to Steam when it's out on steam would you have to re-start the game all over again?

I imagine so.

Its not swapping over to steam, its just going to be available on there too.

Man of Honour

I'd imagine there will be someway to move the savegame or something. Another launcher doesnt bother me, not now that the wonders of GOG Galaxy 2 are about

Soldato
I keep changing my mind, I keep adding the super deluxe edition to my basket and then cancelling before buying. Currently I am replaying Borderlands 2 and have been putting a lot of time into it. Just thinking I might need a break from the Borderlands by the time number 3 comes out.

Man of Honour
I keep changing my mind, I keep adding the super deluxe edition to my basket and then cancelling before buying. Currently I am replaying Borderlands 2 and have been putting a lot of time into it. Just thinking I might need a break from the Borderlands by the time number 3 comes out.

Yeah thats why I declined a friends offer of replaying Borderlands 2 before 3 came out, was too worried I'd be burned out on it when 3 came.

Caporegime
Are borderlands games casual or competitive? Does it have PvP? Is it a grindfest?

I'm looking for a casual game to play solo when I have time.

It does have PvP in the form of duels or arenas but they are just bonus things, nothing to do with the "real" gameplay. And it can be a grindfest if you want to go after specific weapon drops but otherwise you just do the missions, get the rewards, open chests as you go along.

Back
Top Bottom