Bourbon, Rye and American Whiskey

Soldato
Yea let me know what you think, I've had it a few times before, maybe I have a good bottle not sure, I have found bottle to bottle they do vary, I seem to have a good one and I've bumped it right up the list.

Definitely Woodford varies also, two bottles back had a particularly good one.

JD Legacy, I quite like it, and can drink neat, unlike the standard JD which I would only ever use as a mixer. Will get it again when it's on offer.

Soldato
OP
JD Legacy, I quite like it, and can drink neat, unlike the standard JD which I would only ever use as a mixer. Will get it again when it's on offer.

Yea I reckon for £22 on offer it's not bad at all. I wouldn't buy it at full price.

..... saying that I tend to surf between Tesco and Amazon and only get bottles when they are on offer.

Soldato
Jack Daniels Legacy edition no.2 on offer at Amazon £23.99

I thought it was the legacy edition that I tried recently and mentioned in this thread at first but the label is different.

Anyone tried it?

Soldato
OP
Jack Daniels Legacy edition no.2 on offer at Amazon £23.99

I thought it was the legacy edition that I tried recently and mentioned in this thread at first but the label is different.

Anyone tried it?

No I have not tried it but ordered one thanks for the heads up.

The legacy edition (I'm guessing we've both had) is the green coloured label one.

This is different....... or at least the bottle is.

Soldato
No I have not tried it but ordered one thanks for the heads up.

The legacy edition (I'm guessing we've both had) is the green coloured label one.

This is different....... or at least the bottle is.

Yeah, I ordered a bottle as well, please let me know what you think of it.
Got a feeling it might just be the label what’s different:D

Soldato
OP
Woodford Reserve £19.99 on Prime.

Nice.

Bourbon is quite good at the moment in general.

Makers Mark £23

Jack Daniels Legacy No 7 £22

Buffalo Trace £18

Early Times old reserve aint bad at £21.45

Makers Mark 46 £28 - normally way way overpriced considering it is only marginally better/different to regular

Soldato
OP
Yes last night, actually:)

I may be wrong, but to my rubbish taste buds it tasted the same as the legacy (green bottle). Let me know if you think the same when you get round to trying it.

Yea I cracked it Thursday, and yes it think it's the same stuff.

I do like it though, it has a certain flavour punch you dont get with a lot of the others. At the expense of it being slightly rougher, in comparison that is.

Soldato
Yea I cracked it Thursday, and yes it think it's the same stuff.

I do like it though, it has a certain flavour punch you dont get with a lot of the others. At the expense of it being slightly rougher, in comparison that is.

Ah glad that you think the same. Yeah I like it as well, when on offer. Think the green bottle legacy went offer as well shortly after purchasing this one.

Soldato
OP
Ah glad that you think the same. Yeah I like it as well, when on offer. Think the green bottle legacy went offer as well shortly after purchasing this one.

I'll probably keep one of each of the bottles. I dont normally keep bottles, but these are quite cool.

There is another one here:

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p...f7RosPVq8uPmxgZCuS4wpWoGKcAj99BhoCnrwQAvD_BwE

But your basically paying a tenner for the bottle at that price........as I bet it's the same stuff.

Back
Top Bottom