Bourbon, Rye and American Whiskey

Soldato
... they happened to come up adjacent - below
UK Amazon bourbon prices have seemed all over the shop in the past year, up and down.
Trump had put a duty on uk whisky exports, but, I have the impression/theory USA whisky is being dumped on the UK market given the lows we've seen.

50906222576_cbf87fa64d_z_d.jpg

Soldato
OP
... they happened to come up adjacent - below
UK Amazon bourbon prices have seemed all over the shop in the past year, up and down.
Trump had put a duty on uk whisky exports, but, I have the impression/theory USA whisky is being dumped on the UK market given the lows we've seen.

50906222576_cbf87fa64d_z_d.jpg

You re comparing 1ltr with gift tin to 700ml, but yes.

Makers Mark and Woodford are both regularly on offer for £20, although to be fair JD 700ml is often £14 in Tesco so.......

I agree with your comment on the trump and duty thing.

Soldato
Bulleit is £22 a bottle at the moment which is the best deal currently.

After christmas I still have a few bottles so I dont need anymore, but if I were buying today that is the one to get.

EDIT: Actually **** it, why not, not like it goes off lol.

Will grab a bottle, not had this for a while, tried the rye the last couple of times.

Have a bottle of Eagle Rare to try tonight, wanted to see how it compares to buffalo trace, which I really like.

Associate
Soldato
OP
a new, to me, jd option, on offer, maybe BlueMerles tried it
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/jack-daniels-legacy-old-no-7-tennessee-whiskey-70-cl-3675977
Jack Daniel's Legacy Old No 7 Tennessee Whiskey, 70 cl £22 at Amazon

Yea I've tried it, it's a bit better than regular, to be fair tastes pretty similar, definitely not the same stuff as regular though, the abv is different to start.

The bottle itself is really cool, I kept the last one it's on a shelf.

I've ordered one just now anyway at £22, I'd say worth a try if your haven't. Thanks for the heads up.

Soldato
Yea I've tried it, it's a bit better than regular, to be fair tastes pretty similar, definitely not the same stuff as regular though, the abv is different to start.

The bottle itself is really cool, I kept the last one it's on a shelf.

I've ordered one just now anyway at £22, I'd say worth a try if your haven't. Thanks for the heads up.

So its ok neat?

Never liked the standard black label neat, only as a mixer.

Soldato
How you liking the Bulleit?

The very first bottle I tried a while back, I wasn’t so sure on it, I then tried the rye version which was nice, having recently got another bottle of bulleit bourbon in a sale on Amazon, I quite like it now, not as good as my favourite buffalo trace, but it’s good, not as smooth as the buffalo I would say.

Need to get some more bottles, on my last bottle of bourbon.:D

How do you find it?

Soldato
OP
The very first bottle I tried a while back, I wasn’t so sure on it, I then tried the rye version which was nice, having recently got another bottle of bulleit bourbon in a sale on Amazon, I quite like it now, not as good as my favourite buffalo trace, but it’s good, not as smooth as the buffalo I would say.

Need to get some more bottles, on my last bottle of bourbon.:D

How do you find it?

I love Bulleit its one of my favourites, funnily enough I am drinking Buffalo Trace now.

Associate
Associate
Wow, not tried any of those. Guessing they are expensive.

Blantons is gettable but expensive. Highly regarded in the States. If you tour their distillery you can sometimes pick up a bottle of 'single barrel' in the company store, very hard to get.

Pappy's is the most sought after Bourbon in the States and perhaps the world. It's generally considered the best. Oh, it's very expensive and all but impossible to get unless you know someone... my friend knows someone. Liquor stores, bars and ordinary people try for years to get a bottle. The majority never do.

A few years back my friend donated a bottle of Pappy's 10 y/o to an auction for a children's charity. It sold for almost $2000 US!

Back
Top Bottom