Poll: Brazilian Prix 2018, São Paulo - Race 20/21

Rate the 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Did anyone see if Vettel's car was damaged? He was just dog slow today - still managed his mandatory bumper car action on overtakes though. There's another driver for whom the end of the season cannot come soon enough.

Floor was flapping around by the side pod.

Vettel, not Verstappen.

Vettel apparently had a sensor failure which hobbled the start, he then locked a wheel a couple of times, Raikkonen got past, and after that was just slow. To the point that Ferrari ordered a switch of position with Raikkonen taking the lead role.

Raikkonen now has 12 podiums this year.
Vettel has 11 podiums.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

7/10 for me.

Some good racing but large parts of the race were boring. The obligatory Crofty “the end of the race should be exciting” tease aside, if needed some rain to spice it up.

Max did well to come through but proceeded to screw the pooch, costing himself the win. Bottas and Vettel both seemed dog slow and Hamilton was extremely lucky to get the win.

Not expecting much from Abu Dhabi but hoping it has some good racing.

Caporegime
i still say ferrari got rid of the wrong driver for Leclerc :p

Lol, but think of the off race track disintegration off vettel when he gets beaten.

But yeah. I agree

Bottas poor again.
Vettel poor as he' been for a while
Great drive by red bull duo
Hamilton lucky to get the win.

I wonder if Riccardo is regretting going to Renault. I say this as a Renault supporter

Caporegime
I've just watched the highlights Verstappen can't say he wasn't aware of Occon and just did the usual "I'll stick to the racing line and it's up to the other driver to take emergency measures to avoid a collision" routine that so many F1 drivers seem to do rather than race wheel to wheel these days. Verstappen has to take some responsiblity for not giving him any room. TBH I think half the drivers on the grid need lessons in spacial awareness.

Man of Honour
i still say ferrari got rid of the wrong driver for Leclerc :p

I would agree. I mean look at the gap between Vettel and Hamilton now, it isn't even close. The Ferrari is still easily on a par with the Mercedes too. Next season is shaping up to be very interesting. Red Bull could be in the mix if Honda deliver, although in recent years Red Bull have always come alive at the end only to be nowhere next season.

Pirelli recently saying that their tyre surface will be thinner next year and won't overheat as easily will certainly play into Mercedes hands.

Even if Mercedes don't have the pace next year, Hamilton is more consistent that all of his competitors. Vettel has disappeared, Max is still of the mentality of setting fastest laps when asked not to and closing gaps that don't need to be closed. Leclerc will destroy Max in equal machinery.

Soldato
Verstappen has a very hot head but he's also blindingly fast and can manage his tyres at seemingly far faster lap times than many others. He'll still make mistakes, but if he is in a slightly more competitive car next year then the circumstances that can create the environment for those mistakes will be fewer.

Leclerc is really interesting. The expectations of his performance levels are making 2019 a make or break year for Vettel. If Leclerc becomes the defacto number one driver through performances, Vettel would either need to accept his position or leave. I don't think he's capable of the former, and those same traits mean that there's probably nowhere to leave to.

There have been plenty of false dawns in previous years, but I'm really looking forward to 2019. Sods law that it turns into the 'Alonso rule' as McLaren produce a storming car out of nowhere and Sainz or Norris breeze to the WDC!

Soldato
Reading it for a second time, the grammar in that letter is terrible. There are capitalisation and other inconsistencies throughout. You can almost imagine the feverish typing of an FIA steward's clerk, desperate to get it out. The way Liberty are going I'm surprised that he isn't being asked to wear a 'word processor cam' so we can see it live.

Why should the stewards be sympathetic to 'passion'? Or do they mean uncontrollable rage? The event that 'triggered' Verstappen was over an hour earlier, after all...

Back
Top Bottom