Break checked and crashed

Soldato
Bad braking from the Audi, but certainly not enough to send you into the barrier!

Loads of time to sort it out from noticing, late, that they stood on the brakes a bit. Could have done some braking too, for example.

Soldato
Do yourself a favour and delete the video.

Everyone makes mistakes, and hopefully you or no one else was injured. However, you had ample time to react, and did not. To make matters worse you then swerved in front/alongside the Audi. The Audi driver was signalling a long time before the junction giving plenty of notice he was about to take the exit, and while he reduced speed at a greater rate than you may have assumed you either left a) not enough space to react or b) were too slow to react.

The Audi driver is probably wondering what the heck just happened. You are lucky you didn’t cause an even bigger accident.

(I can see this becoming forum lore before long anytime someone mentions brake checked :D)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Bad braking from the Audi, but certainly not enough to send you into the barrier!

Loads of time to sort it out from noticing, late, that they stood on the brakes a bit. Could have done some braking too, for example.
How on earth is it bad braking? He got main beamed first and hardly braked

Caporegime
why did you flash him on full beam? the Audi driver only braked because you had your full beams on him. Totally your fault. You really should go and get some driving licences when you get your replacement car after they right off your car.

OcUK Staff
The more I watch and the more it makes no sense.

The do a late manoeuvre to exit.
The Audi maintains a sensible speed until the exit to allow motorway traffic to keep flowing, once he exits he brakes gently no doubt because the road has a slight curve.

When the Audi brakes you clearly react as you immediately flash him but seemingly make no attempt to slow down or did you flashing him cause him to brake, if so why were you flashing him, was there an altercation earlier on that your not showing us? Had the brakes on your car failed or something or was it more a case your driving like a prat and you thought you'd show him better by not attempting to slow down and instead cut across the front of him, but upon doing so you then backed out of said move as maybe the Audi did not yield or you miss judged and so decided to pull back on but again miss judged and crashed.

You are in control of your vehicle, the highway code stipulates keep a safe distance, you crashed because of your own actions and you seemed to be driving somewhat aggressively, if a car brakes in front of you then your supposed to also brake.

I drive defensive so when cars in front of me brake, even if I have a relatively large distance and don't even need to brake, I still brake and slow down to maintain the gap, its just driving safely.

Soldato
Just in case you didn’t get the just of the thread, it’s your fault.

In the fast lane for no reason, seemingly not over taking anything.
Audi is indicating from the get go, making his intentions clear
You suddenly realise you need that exit, veer across
For some unknown reason you flash the Audi, he brakes as a result of this
You don’t react to him braking, other than to go full retard and then try to pass him
That move back fires, you end up in the cones

All on you. Selfish, dangerous driving.

Hopefully no one else was in your car or got hurt.

Your insurance will pay out, for you and the other car though, which is a shame as you should be reported for dangerous driving.

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
I cant work out what happened right at the end though, it looks almost like they came together and thats why the sudden jolt and change of direction into the cones.

But that doesnt make sense based on where the audi would be?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I bashed my wing good n proper last week reversing out of a multi storey space. This video makes me feel much better about my stupidity.

Sadly your video incriminates you for your driving. Given all the yellow signage and your high beams they possibly thought they shouldn't/couldn't exit or were simply lost and giving themselves space to merge back on. What you should have been able to do at best is stop behind them, at the least merge back onto the motorway and wait for the next exit. It wasn't worth an accident although I can see what you were trying to do, the barrier may not have been obvious from your point-of-view. Like me, you'll have to suck it up I'm afraid.

Soldato
It's amazing...his driving looks even worse at 0.25 playback speed! He does also appear to main beam the audi immediately before the Audi brakes. I think there's been some sort of altercation prior to this event that the OP isn't sharing.

Soldato
It's amazing...his driving looks even worse at 0.25 playback speed! He does also appear to main beam the audi immediately before the Audi brakes. I think there's been some sort of altercation prior to this event that the OP isn't sharing.

The more I watch it the more I think this too. The OP was likely still suffering from the 'red mist' when he uploaded the video and wrote this post.

EDIT: There is some poor driving from the Audi here - he braked more than he needed to, and it does look like he's trying to push the OP out. BUT, this is after being flashed as they came off, and likely AFTER some earlier incident. The OP should really have backed off big time, instead the red mist descended and it all went very wrong.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've managed to source footage from the Audi driver just after the accident:
200.gif

Soldato
Having re-watched the video, I have concluded that the events from 0:13 onwards are what happens when I'm playing Forza Horizon or GTA 5, and I put the controller down for a sec to check my phone. Wondering what else could have happened from this point on boggles my mind. It's just too "slow motion" for it not have been possible to regain control somehow, surely?

Back
Top Bottom