• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: BROWSE THE NVIDIA RTX 4000 SERIES AT OcUK !!

Are you buying 4000 series, if so which one?

• YES: 4090 24GB

Votes: 153 19.4%
  • YES: 4080 16GB

Votes: 23 2.9%
  • YES: 4080 12GB

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • NO: 3000 SERIES

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • NO: SKIPPING THIS ROUND!

Votes: 550 69.8%

• Total voters
EDIT - Just re-read the 1st post, the prices below are mentioned there as mostly place holders so probably renders this post null and void TBH.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (and my search didn't bring it up) but I think the OcUK website is already showing the price range, as the pricing "filter" shows the following prices for the various card ranges -

4090 - £1680 to £2100

C63iyCF.png

4080 16GB - £1300

UzqIsLR.png

4080 12GB - £1000

cnRSQhx.png

Feel free to check the website yourself for other video cards (say the 30XX series) and you'll see that the Pricing filter is accurate for those where you can actually compare the filter to prices shown.
If you want to see the individual prices just click ok any you want to see, go to the home page and the prices will show up in recently viewed items.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (and my search didn't bring it up) but I think the OcUK website is already showing the price range, as the pricing "filter" shows the following prices for the various card ranges -
I mentioned it earlier, but OcUK have made the mistake of hiding the prices but forgetting to remove them from the description on the inno3D cards pages, the current prices are £1679 for an air cooled 4090, £1829 for a factory overclocked one and £2k for one with a waterblock.

Looks like Nvidia's marketing dept forgot to tell the pricing dept that the stuff about them being 2-4x faster than a 3090 was just marketing nonsense :P

Those who are considering the 4090, are you going to opt for an OC card? They have usually been the 'go-to' versions but if I were to be buying this gen I'd definitely be more considerate of the efficiency given that: A, they suck mega wattage anyway and; B, the OC returns are usually much much less efficient. I'm honestly not sure I could sleep at night if I had been gaming for a few hours on a system pulling 700W-ish. :cry:

to those saying wait for amd, amd are rubbish for vr gaming (incompatibilities with vr headsets, slower) which is what i do so it has to be nvidia for me. seems though you lot of miserable ba$tards :D ignored my question asking if a i7 7700k would bottleneck a 4090 ive come to my own decision/conclusion, i'm going to get a new pc 12th october with a 4090 and zen 4 amd cpu. thanks (not) for all your help :D. i will enjoy having a bang up to date pc with the best spec while you lot rub each other up on here over the baddie nvidia :D

Those who are considering the 4090, are you going to opt for an OC card? They have usually been the 'go-to' versions but if I were to be buying this gen I'd definitely be more considerate of the efficiency given that: A, they suck mega wattage anyway and; B, the OC returns are usually much much less efficient. I'm honestly not sure I could sleep at night if I had been gaming for a few hours on a system pulling 700W-ish. :cry:
You def need a 6900XT m8, in most games mine is pulling roughly 175-180w with an undervolt and frame capping :)

I'm happy with the performance I'm getting from my current GPU and plays absolutely everything in my library. Let's be fair, do you all honestly think AMD's prices are going to fare any better than NVIDIA's and with the current market situation?

You def need a 6900XT m8, in most games mine is pulling roughly 175-180w with an undervolt and frame capping :)

I have a 3090 currently with the Quantum Vector block. Quite happy with it and don't feel like I need to upgrade to a 4090 at all. I too have a nice undervolt applied but I am pulling 230-250W mostly to keep up with my monitor (3840x1600 capped at 120Hz). At the current pricing though the 6900XT and 3090s are stellar buys in comparison.

I'm happy with the performance I'm getting from my current GPU and plays absolutely everything in my library. Let's be fair, do you all honestly think AMD's prices are going to fare any better than NVIDIA's and with the current market situation?

In an ideal world it could be a great opportunity for AMD, BUT this exact same conversation was had last gen iirc

to those saying wait for amd, amd are rubbish for vr gaming (incompatibilities with vr headsets, slower) which is what i do so it has to be nvidia for me. seems though you lot of miserable ba$tards :D ignored my question asking if a i7 7700k would bottleneck a 4090 ive come to my own decision/conclusion, i'm going to get a new pc 12th october with a 4090 and zen 4 amd cpu. thanks (not) for all your help :D. i will enjoy having a bang up to date pc with the best spec while you lot rub each other up on here over the baddie nvidia :D
Good choice to go for Zen4 as you can upgrade the cpu later down the road to the X3D version.

Hi mate, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I don't think I'm going Intel for my next build but rather AMD, as Iron Man said I'll drop a x3D chip in when they come out and I'll have the ability to upgrade the CPU until the end of 2025.

I hope you enjoy your new rig when you build it mate :)

Make sure you get a ATX 3.0 PSU else you may be sitting on an expensive fire hazard (should reports be believed)

Surprised not to see more interest in the RTX 4080 16GB version.

People can actually afford, and will pay for the RTX 4090? It has a "starting price of $1,599".

The most interesting bit about it, is the massive transistor count (76.3 billion).

Nvidia is blaming high production costs for the next gen Ampere prices of "A 12-inch wafer is a lot more expensive today. The idea that the chip is going to go down in price is a story of the past".

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if a RDNA3 card can take out that 4080 12Gb imposter card.
It would be poetic justice and a absolute win for AMD if they can beat it on performance and price.

If rumours are to be believed, then RDNA3 should beat it this time. As for price... AMD will take advantage of the current market situation as they did before. Just look at Zen 2 prices, gone are the budget kings.

Surprised not to see more interest in the RTX 4080 16GB version.

People can actually afford, and will pay for the RTX 4090? It has a "starting price of $1,599".

The most interesting bit about it, is the massive transistor count (76.3 billion).

Nvidia is blaming high production costs for the next gen Ampere prices of "A 12-inch wafer is a lot more expensive today. The idea that the chip is going to go down in price is a story of the past".
I think anyone who can afford a £1200 GPU can probably afford the 4090 too. Everyone else is just shaking their heads in disbelief.

Back
Top Bottom