• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: BROWSE THE NVIDIA RTX 4000 SERIES AT OcUK !!

Are you buying 4000 series, if so which one?

• YES: 4090 24GB

Votes: 153 19.4%
  • YES: 4080 16GB

Votes: 23 2.9%
  • YES: 4080 12GB

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • NO: 3000 SERIES

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • NO: SKIPPING THIS ROUND!

Votes: 550 69.8%

• Total voters
How can a 4080 12GB with 7680 Cuda Cores be classed as a 4080 when the 16GB version has 9728 Cuda Cores?

Not that I have any interest of buying at these prices but the 12GB card should be marketed as a 4070 not 4080 surely?

Its the RTX 4070 rebranded the 3080 12GB to justify its £900 price, not that this does, but Nvidia are trying to fool you in to thinking its just like the 3080 (10GB) and 3080 12GB which both have the same core count.

Jenson thinks you're an idiot.

Last edited:
I will not be buying any Nvidia card this round, I had 3 3090 cards but sold all and went for an AMD 6900XT Maybe go AMD 7900xt if they come in at sensible prices. £2K GPU's is just a rip off. plus a new PSU with dual 12 pin just ads to the cost. what will the Ti4090 or Titan version be triple 12 pin lol

I will not be buying any Nvidia card this round, I had 3 3090 cards but sold all and went for an AMD 6900XT Maybe go AMD 7900xt if they come in at sensible prices. £2K GPU's is just a rip off. plus a new PSU with dual 12 pin just ads to the cost. what will the Ti4090 or Titan version be triple 12 pin lol

Not forgetting the heat are these really going to run that cool. I can see the threads now with undervolting and extra cooling. Have we got another GTX 470/480 on our hands ?

In for the 4090! I don’t know if next time around I’ll be able to splerg like I can now so going for the best I can afford.

these gpu's are above my pay grade, so knock yourselves out folks, us mortals will wait for the oh i got a 4090 brag thread and giggle :D

seriously though i would never repeat never pay a grand for a gpu, i have a life and a woman, thats more than enough entertainment for me:cry:
back to playing cyberjunk with my lowly gpu whiles shes at work:p
Ah the laugh that is the "Roll of Honour" thread lol. Honourable for spending stupid amounts of cash on a GPU.

How can a 4080 12GB with 7680 Cuda Cores be classed as a 4080 when the 16GB version has 9728 Cuda Cores?

Not that I have any interest of buying at these prices but the 12GB card should be marketed as a 4070 not 4080 surely?

4080 16gig is AD103 die, the "4080" 12 gig is AD104 die. The 104 die is usually a **70 class card. It's a shameful snide Nvidia rebranding trick to fleece punters for more money.

Looking on the site at 3000 series.. looks like the prices are going up again :cry:

They have gone up everywhere and selling out after this 40 series announcement, no ones falling for the DLSS 3.0 Soap Opera Effect that fools FPS tools to make it look like massive fake gains.

Well if that was Nvidias plan to sell out of 30 series they are doing that really well now and everywhere that I saw second hand cards up are now removing them from sale and keeping them or have knocked their prices up too.

Its the RTX 4070 rebranded the 3080 12GB to justify its £900 price, not that this does, but Nvidia are trying to fool you in to thinking its just like the 3080 (10GB) and 3080 12GB which both have the same core count.

Jenson thinks you're an idiot.
Whilst Jenson is generally right in his assumption about me, I think I've seen through this one... :D

4080 16gig is AD103 die, the "4080" 12 gig is AD104 die. The 104 die is usually a **70 class card. It's a shameful snide Nvidia rebranding trick to fleece punters for more money.
This is why I asked, my old 1070 was a 104 die, my current - which I'll be keeping a lot longer it seems - 1080ti a 102 die, whilst I've never quite understood why a lower number equates a higher end GPU, I certainly understand were being taken for a ride here....

Edit: I've just noticed the 12GB "4080" has a 192-Bit memory interface compared to the 16GB versions 256-Bit as well..... :/

Last edited:
They have gone up everywhere and selling out after this 40 series announcement, no ones falling for the DLSS 3.0 Soap Opera Effect that fools FPS tools to make it look like massive fake gains.

Well if that was Nvidias plan to sell out of 30 series they are doing that really well now and everywhere that I saw second hand cards up are now removing them from sale and keeping them or have knocked their prices up too.

And that sucks because the tactic here was keep the high 3000 series prices and make 4000 series unaffordable to force people to buy 3000 series stock.

That cynical tactic seems to be working, Nvidia wins, we lose, again.

Last edited:
Whilst Jenson is generally right in his assumption about me, I think I've seen through this one... :D

This is why I asked, my old 1070 was a 104 die, my current - which I'll be keeping a lot longer it seems - 1080ti a 102 die, whilst I've never quite understood why a lower number equates a higher end GPU, I certainly understand were being taken for a ride here....

Edit: I've just noticed the 12GB "4080" has a 192-Bit memory interface compared to the 16GB versions 256-Bit as well..... :/

192 bit bus used to be found in the **60 series of cards too :rolleyes:

I think it'll have the opposite effect, in the highly unlikely scenario I decide to buy a new GPU,given the current prices, I'm minded to give Nvidia the bird given how they seem to be willing to treat their customers and opt for an AMD card...

EVGA claimed Nvidia have a problem with respect, i don't doubt it.

AMD where are you in all this? this is not the time to be silent.

Back
Top Bottom