• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: BROWSE THE NVIDIA RTX 4000 SERIES AT OcUK !!

Are you buying 4000 series, if so which one?

• YES: 4090 24GB

Votes: 153 19.4%
  • YES: 4080 16GB

Votes: 23 2.9%
  • YES: 4080 12GB

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • NO: 3000 SERIES

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • NO: SKIPPING THIS ROUND!

Votes: 550 69.8%

• Total voters
Ah the laugh that is the "Roll of Honour" thread lol. Honourable for spending stupid amounts of cash on a GPU.
People can do whatever they want with their money. They can, for example, buy an NFT for a photo of poo; they can buy "artisan" bottled water; they can pour kerosene over the cash and burn it (well, maybe not this last point). They can buy a hilariously overpriced graphics card for gaming from a company that has very questionable tactics towards customers and partners -- when there is maybe 1-2 games where there will be any material benefit over prior gen cards.

And I hesitate to rename the Honour thread, but "Confederacy of Dunces" may be more apt for many this gen.

Last edited:
The pricing to me tells me as we kind of already know there is still a lot of 30 series in the channel and they need to shift that without them and their partners making too much of a loss. So what you have is cards priced at a point that fits nicely in to their current 30 series pricing structure as it currently is.

That's my theory anyway. GPU mining boom is over so they expect to sell less as well.

Scalpers will be extremely brave if they want to attempt to scalp on cards that cost close to 2k in retail, if the pound increasing alone could wipe £100's of the price, if I was a scalper I'd not be investing such large sums of money for such small potential returns or even losses.

OcUK will do the usual attempts to stop scalping but hopefully it won't be an issue this time with the cost of these products and the lesser demand due to the economic situation along with no mining demand as well, we are hoping for a much smoother launch. :)
Nvidia's doing the scalping this year. :D

The poll result is literally 'all or nothing'. :D

Sadly the 4090 is the only worthy update for many, even people on a 3080 and the 4080 16GB if you are on a 10GB 3080 (teasing you and you know who), sadly this generation will need fixing and smells like a lot of Nvidia Super dupers heading our way once they realise the reality they have put us all in and the pricing of the 4080 class cards.

The poll seems to indicate that there isn't really a market for either 4080 except for the uninformed. If you have the disposable income for a £1k GPU then you probably can afford the 4090, and unlike Ampere, there is a large enough performance difference between the xx80 and xx90 that the £/fps will be similar.
Therefore seems likely 4090 to sell out and both 4080s will sit on shelves.

Last edited:
People can do whatever they want with their money. They can, for example, buy an NFT for a photo of poo; they can buy "artisan" bottled water; they can pour kerosene over the cash and burn it (well, maybe not this last point). They can buy a hilariously overpriced graphics card for gaming from a company that has very questionable tactics towards customers and partners -- when there is maybe 1-2 games where there will be any material benefit over prior gen cards.

And I hesitate to rename the Honour thread, but "Confederacy of Dunces" may be more apt for many this gen.
Looking forward to joining the confederation of dunces :)

Would love to see that run-rate during the day! Bet they still just go whoooooosh :D

Absolutely already had lots of customers and professionals requesting several units as it seems demand for 4090 will be popular amongst a lot of business and professional users too. It’s a lot of money but the performance and raw power is incredible.

Roll Of Honour = Bap of unbelievability, sarnie of stupidity, baguette of ....... the list is endless.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

The poll seems to indicate that there isn't really a market for either 4080 except for the uninformed. If you have the disposable income for a £1k GPU then you probably can afford the 4090, and unlike Ampere, there is a large enough performance difference between the xx80 and xx90 that the £/fps will be similar.
Therefore seems likely 4090 to sell out and both 4080s will sit on shelves.
People who pay over 1k for Gpus want the best or something atleast close to and the 4080's are far from that with the sizeable cut down in specs compaired to the 4090 so the 4090 is their target. Everyone else just wants some bang for your buck and those 2 cards couldn't be further from that.

I think the smart play from nvidia would have been to just launch the 4090 for now and not mention pricing and release dates for a 4080 and 4070. people would have been a bit miffed but nowhere near the levels of bad feeling that's going around now.

I personally think Jensen has made a massive miscalculation at a time when gamers were already pretty fed up with Nvidia for their antics over the past 2 years. With a recession and no crypto to boost demand nvidia may find themselves in a situation where not only are they lumbered with 3000 series cards but warehouses also filling up with 4000 series.

Last edited:
Holy moley those prices! What are the predicted gains over their 3xxx series counterparts? I could just justify a 3080fe but these seem a step beyond what is a sensible outlay.

Absolutely already had lots of customers and professionals requesting several units as it seems demand for 4090 will be popular amongst a lot of business and professional users too. It’s a lot of money but the performance and raw power is incredible.

Jenson found another way to by-pass the peasants that are gamers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom