• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: BROWSE THE NVIDIA RTX 4000 SERIES AT OcUK !!

Are you buying 4000 series, if so which one?

• YES: 4090 24GB

Votes: 153 19.4%
  • YES: 4080 16GB

Votes: 23 2.9%
  • YES: 4080 12GB

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • NO: 3000 SERIES

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • NO: SKIPPING THIS ROUND!

Votes: 550 69.8%

• Total voters
Holy moley those prices! What are the predicted gains over their 3xxx series counterparts? I could just justify a 3080fe but these seem a step beyond what is a sensible outlay.
The 4080 12gb looks to be around a 3090 while the 4080 16gb around 3090 + 20% and the 4090 around 3090+ 50%.

Last edited:
Absolutely already had lots of customers and professionals requesting several units as it seems demand for 4090 will be popular amongst a lot of business and professional users too. It’s a lot of money but the performance and raw power is incredible.
From the presentation, the message I got was that's all they were aimed at, the trouble is organisations that are going to buy in numbers take ages to agree the budget.
Definitely a niche product.

How can a 4080 12GB with 7680 Cuda Cores be classed as a 4080 when the 16GB version has 9728 Cuda Cores?

Not that I have any interest of buying at these prices but the 12GB card should be marketed as a 4070 not 4080 surely?
Isn’t the memory buss on the 12GB wider for more bandwidth? It does seem very backwards though.

I'd imagine that's going to impact it at 4K like it did RDNA2 last time and that was with a 256 bus.

I don't think the bandwidth has much to do with that, its a common perception but i don't think its right.

AMD did better at lower resolution because they use the CPU much more effisiently, they are pushing higher highs when it comes to frame rates resulting in higher averages.

Last edited:
Hardly anyone is going to fork out a grand for a 4070. What we're they thinking.
Absolutely no idea, a 4070 or a PS5 and a 4K TV? Hmm.

Makes me think they're trying to get out of the gaming market and focus on other revenue streams, just milking gamers for what they're worth and/or just catering for professionals in this particular market.

If the current prices areset so that the 30 series continue to sell when this stock is gone do people expect prices drops? Given there's a xx70/xx60/xx50 cards to come as well as any Ti variants I can simply see increases across the board.

1. If I'm going with Nvidia, I'm going to continue to scour the web for a £6-850 Asus Noctua GPU (3070 or 3080) that's still retail for the warranty and the fact I can replace the fans if needed, and that it'll be silent. Given there's no 40 series so far by Asus/Noctua.

2. I need a GPU for the new system, but the prices for these are projected at £3-400 more than the 3070/3080 Asus/Noctua. That's not going to happen. That's basically another SSD or more RAM or better motherboard/CPU.

3. Power requirements. Calculations so far have the Fanless Seasonic TX700 I have to just about handle a 30 series Nvidia or the AMD equivalent so far. Going 40 series means a new PSU as well since it's likely to exceed that the PSU can handle, which is more expense and there's also the PSU changeover soon through ATX 3.0. Not going to pay now and pay again later AGAIN.

So given all that, whilst I was happy to wait and see the 40 series, looking at all the info available now, it's not a viable option.

Hi there

Several 4090 Series cards are now live at OcUK, with more been added, this beast features 16384 Cuda Cores, a whopping 384-Bit memory interface with 24GB of GDDR6X:
NVIDIA RTX 4090 Series - Browse NOW!

There is no pricing yet, prices in product descriptions are a "GOOD GUESS" but by no means a guarantee, they could increase or drop, nothing is final until 2pm on October the 12th which is when you will be able to order cards, we expect to have several hundred cards in stock for the launch. The £1679 MSRP will only be for basic AIB cards in very limited quantity, so order with caution as these will sell out and over sell. The OC models will be shipped in greater numbers with far better availability but of course cost more.

4080 16GB Series cards are now live at OcUK, with more been added over the coming days and weeks, this amazing card features 9728 Cuda Cores, 256-Bit memory interface and 16GB of GDDR6X:
NVIDIA RTX 4080 16GB Series - Browse NOW!

Again there is no pricing yet, prices in product descriptions are guess work and not a guarantee of pricing which can change, the 4080 Series will be available sometime in November which is yet to be confirmed. The £1269 MSRP AIB cards which will be available in limited quantities no doubt with OC models costing more and having better supply. Again nothing is yet confirmed, keep checking NVIDIA website and this thread for further updates.

4080 12GB Series cards are now live at OcUK, with more been added over the coming days and weeks, this card features 7680 Cuda Cores, 192-Bit memory interface and 12GB of GDDR6X:
NVIDIA RTX 4080 12GB Series - BROWSE NOW!

Again there no pricing yet, prices in product descriptions are guess work and no guarantee, we expect prices to start from around £949 for none OC models, with OC models costing more. Keep an eye on NVIDIA website and OcUK forums for further updates.

NVIDIA RTX 3000 series remains running alongside on the 3060 upto 3080 12G, anything above is now on final deal sell out and once gone is GONE!
Sorry Gibbo, but as a matter of principal, being such a major player in the UK scene, it’s your responsibility to push back against such blatant rip off pricing and attempting to scam less savvy buyers with their ******** 12GB 4080 **cough 4070**...

The fact you do not, and entertain this nonsense just goes to show you do not give a damn, and it’s retailers like you that are just as guilty, as without you they don’t sell cards, you enable their taking the ****, therefore you take the ****. I voted to skip like the other 80!!!%, Wishing you and Ngreedia the best.

3. Power requirements. Calculations so far have the Fanless Seasonic TX700 I have to just about handle a 30 series Nvidia or the AMD equivalent so far. Going 40 series means a new PSU as well since it's likely to exceed that the PSU can handle, which is more expense and there's also the PSU changeover soon through ATX 3.0. Not going to pay now and pay again later AGAIN.
Tbf keep an eye on the 7800XT, looks to consume not much more power than a 6800XT and I ran one of those with a power-hungry 12700K np on an RM650X :)

Sorry Gibbo, but as a matter of principal, being such a major player in the UK scene, it’s your responsibility to push back against such blatant rip off pricing and attempting to scam less savvy buyers with their ******** 12GB 4080 **cough 4070**...

The fact you do not, and entertain this nonsense just goes to show you do not give a damn, and it’s retailers like you that are just as guilty, as without you they don’t sell cards, you enable their taking the ****, therefore you take the ****. I voted to skip like the other 80!!!%, Wishing you and Ngreedia the best.
Take it easy man, think of the blood pressure. OcUK and other retailers are just middle-men in this business and have no say in the cost of items. It's we as consumers who decide whether to purchase or not, and in this case (as always) the market will decide.

Absolutely no idea, a 4070 or a PS5 and a 4K TV? Hmm.

Makes me think they're trying to get out of the gaming market and focus on other revenue streams, just milking gamers for what they're worth and/or just catering for professionals in this particular market.
It sucks but that's where the big money is

1. If I'm going with Nvidia, I'm going to continue to scour the web for a £6-850 Asus Noctua GPU (3070 or 3080) that's still retail for the warranty and the fact I can replace the fans if needed, and that it'll be silent. Given there's no 40 series so far by Asus/Noctua.

2. I need a GPU for the new system, but the prices for these are projected at £3-400 more than the 3070/3080 Asus/Noctua. That's not going to happen. That's basically another SSD or more RAM or better motherboard/CPU.

So given all that, whilst I was happy to wait and see the 40 series, looking at all the info available now, it's not a viable option.
Obsessed with low noise?

Last edited:
Hardly anyone is going to fork out a grand for a 4070. What we're they thinking.

They're thinking they can slap any price on them and people will be stupid enough to buy them, calling a that card a 4080 is laughable since the stream processors are also less than the higher priced version. I don't know what's in the water supply at nvidia but Heisenberg must be supplying the "special" additive.

Obsessed with low noise?

Yes.

A few years ago, my father passed away in hospital in the middle of the night (it wasn't expected). I had also put off seeing him that day due to concerns for my mothers health. Me and my mother had made plans to see him on the day he passed in the morning. I received multiple calls from the Doctors and Ward nurses at the Hospital but didn't catch them as I had a headset on at the time watching a film. Whilst it spared me the pain of trying to rush to the hospital over 6 km away and still failing to see him one final time. It ultimately caused a certain level of concern and fear that I will miss out on stuff I need to be alert over, such as my mothers current health now. Since I don't want a headset to block fan noise etc from the gaming PC, I need ears only to hear, and that means speakers on the lowest volume, but to hear those I'd need a much more silent system. Hence, a few years ago, my quest for low noise/silence. :)

Back
Top Bottom