• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: BROWSE THE NVIDIA RTX 4000 SERIES AT OcUK !!

Are you buying 4000 series, if so which one?

• YES: 4090 24GB

Votes: 153 19.4%
  • YES: 4080 16GB

Votes: 23 2.9%
  • YES: 4080 12GB

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • NO: 3000 SERIES

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • NO: SKIPPING THIS ROUND!

Votes: 550 69.8%

• Total voters
They're good enough and far better value for money.
Not true, and will never be true, because you are screwed in the long term on game pricing even assuming PC's non-gaming value were £0 for you (which ofc it won't be). You can make an i3 12100F + RTX3060 build TODAY for £700, which in any scenario with RT or DLSS (basically most new releases) is even better than a PS5. Get the GPU used and that drops to £600. If you already have a PC then that can drop further based on case/psu/ssd you already have.

So, even if we pretend the PS5 Disc ed. is £479 (tho in reality it's >£550), are you telling me the value of a PC is not worth £120-£220? And you can't make that up from lower game prices/back catalog? Hell, we're basically looking at 2 years of PS+ basic which you'll need on PS5 for MP/cloud saves but won't on PC because that functionality is free.

Consoles make sense from a tech ignorance pov and convenience factor, but if you're on this forum then at least the first thing shouldn't apply to you. It's not really the perf/$ in games that's selling it.

How much are use willing to pay if you are getting one my top is 1699 anything above that get the **** outa here.

Your cool with £1699, but anything more is **** outa here, I'm lost, is this sarcasm? maybe it's lost on me xD. Surely if your willing to spend £1699 (Which some would call mental) an extra 100 pound or so is nothing?

@Gibbo hi mate, I see the below are listed - will these be available at launch or are they place holders for a later date?

Not true, and will never be true, because you are screwed in the long term on game pricing even assuming PC's non-gaming value were £0 for you (which ofc it won't be). You can make an i3 12100F + RTX3060 build TODAY for £700, which in any scenario with RT or DLSS (basically most new releases) is even better than a PS5. Get the GPU used and that drops to £600. If you already have a PC then that can drop further based on case/psu/ssd you already have.

So, even if we pretend the PS5 Disc ed. is £479 (tho in reality it's >£550), are you telling me the value of a PC is not worth £120-£220? And you can't make that up from lower game prices/back catalog? Hell, we're basically looking at 2 years of PS+ basic which you'll need on PS5 for MP/cloud saves but won't on PC because that functionality is free.

Consoles make sense from a tech ignorance pov and convenience factor, but if you're on this forum then at least the first thing shouldn't apply to you. It's not really the perf/$ in games that's selling it.

For me at least xbox plus game pass has meant I haven't bought a game for console in over 4 years and I've played plenty of games and it's only cost around £160 for what will be 6 years of gaming which my PC hasn't come close in terms (when my current game pass runs out) of value

Last edited:
@Gibbo hi mate, I see the below are listed - will these be available at launch or are they place holders for a later date?

Nope these will come on second or third wave shipments so I'd not expect to see those until November.

Oh dear!

CaptureUSD.JPG

That MSRP of £1679 was set with a 1.14 rate.

Just a pure exercise here:
$1500 / 1.14 = £1315 Exc VAT cost, add 6% margin = £1675 with VAT
$1500 / 1.11 = £1351 Exc VAT cost, add 6% margin = £1719 with VAT

Small changes have quite an impact due to how expensive they cost in USD.

Now if the rate reverses and was say 1.20 then we could actually hit £1589 with VAT, it has quite a dramatic impact.

Let us hope that when more of our stock lands in the next week or two the pound has made some slight recovered otherwise product at or close to MSRP will hardly exist, you have been warned.

up-up-and-away-pastor.gif

Yes I'm getting a 4090 FE but will be giving the aib a miss this time as can't deal with the amount of extra outlay over the FE which itself is an extremely good card in performance and build quality going by the 3090FE.

My 3090 cost 1600 no regrets I'm sure it will be the same with the 4090 .
Ya your comment read like if it cost £1750 your totally out, but £1699 is okay :cry:. Confusing because once your paying that much surely a few extra pounds makes no difference.

My bro bought an RTX 3090 at launch, he loves his too.

For me at least xbox plus game pass has meant I haven't bought a game for console in over 4 years and I've played plenty of games and it's only cost around £160 for what will be 6 years of gaming which my PC hasn't come close in terms (when my current game pass runs out) of value
Irrelevant, because gamepass exists on PC as well. Moreover the important part is that you HAVE to buy access to MP on console - not the case on PC. Plus you don't know for how long you'll have access to cheap GP through VPNs; Microsoft can clamp down on it at any minute, then what? Enjoy the £11 a month, pre-hike, which we know is also coming towards the end of this gen. But anyway, don't want to push this off-topic too much, it's a 4000 series thread.

Back
Top Bottom