BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Is anyone else running slow today?

My connection has been flawless since the day I got it (Apart from when the whole BT network went down). But now my connection has slowed to a crawl...

My connection has been flawless since the day I got it (Apart from when the whole BT network went down). But now my connection has slowed to a crawl...

Seems to be affecting south Wales and the Midlands so far.

My connection is next to useless at the moment.

My connection has been awful since about 1pm, I am in Cheshire.

Yeah, since about 1:30pm mine has been running really slow (Cornwall). First problem in the last 5-6 months.

BT confirms the South West is having problems: http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

Last edited:
Having Issues here in west mids, Really Slow/limited connection

None here ... as yet

2077987431.png

I believe it only works with BT broadband, I tried to use it before my home move but it wouldn't accept the login. I think it's possible to use it as a wifi repeater but it has awful wifi power anyway.

At the moment I just have an Edimax AP plugged into my BT Hub 3, works wonders, puts wireless speed up to 135mbps instead of the terrible 56mb the BT Hub does.

What's the best router for replacing the BTHub? Just out of interest. I've had 1 connection drop which lasted about a minute. Speed is 80/20, from 7/0.9 very happy.

Having Issues here in west mids, Really Slow/limited connection

That's the BT Infinity number which now has a recorded message confirming a "major fault". People from the south west, Wales, West Midlands, Derbyshire and as we head into the evening people from the Manchester area all reporting problems since lunchtime.

EDIT -

BT have updated their status page again. It now includes the areas I mentioned before.

Sun 22/07/2012 at 15:18 Ongoing Broadband problem in the Manchester, Birmingham, South Wales & South West UK
More details

Estimated time to resolve: 19:30

Dialling codes affected: 02380, 02392, 01934, 01736, 01637, 01202, 014252, 01237, 01872, 01579, 01761, 01225, 01579, 0161, 0121, 01308, 01726,

We're really sorry but we've got a problem at the moment in the Manchester, Birmingham, South Wales & South West UK areas. This may be cauisng an intermittent broadband connection. , We're trying to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom