BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

running Belkin 1gbps power adapters throughout the house, with macbook and ipads running wifi on hh3 and no issues. installed tuesday, 57.8mb down and 20mb up.

Pretty impressive so far, a slight slow down in the evenings but still well above 30mb.

Ah right, thanks for the advice :D

Will have to look more into these powerline adapters, will give me a reason to finally sort out the nest of wires I have round the back of my desk I suppose :p

Are you using WPA or WEP for your wireless encryption (opposed to WPA2?) as I have seen other routers only support true wireless-N speeds when using either no encryption or WPA2.

Are you using WPA or WEP for your wireless encryption (opposed to WPA2?) as I have seen other routers only support true wireless-N speeds when using either no encryption or WPA2.

Was marked as WPA & WPA2...switched it to just WPA2 and its showing around 80 Mbps, a bit better than before :D

If only I could have the hub next to my pc :(

out of interest those that have BT Infinity and have changed from the HH3.

did you change the router as soon as the engineer left or did you wait the 10 days for dlm? am due to finally join the FTTC Club tomorrow, and considering switching router already ;)

out of interest those that have BT Infinity and have changed from the HH3.

did you change the router as soon as the engineer left or did you wait the 10 days for dlm? am due to finally join the FTTC Club tomorrow, and considering switching router already ;)

Would wait 10 days, prepare the router or whatever you have too maybe do some testing or something then add it after.

I'm prepairing to bypass the HH3 already as I got the Fibre Router working without any extras!

You can do it straight away. It won't affect sync as the modem isn't forced to reboot.

If keeping the BT modem, won't the router be broadly the same?

You'd choose gigabit or not, how much wireless, dual band or not, features etc.. but the BT modem outputs an ethernet signal and the router we connect to it shouldn't have any effect on the throughput... Although the HH3 itself was humping my speeds until I fiddled with things.

At least I think so.

Oh, I see. Have you spoken to them about it at Draytek? I think they're a British company and they seem to be keen on support.

I take it you've tried the Draytek with the HG612 as the modem?

I take it you've tried the Draytek with the HG612 as the modem?

You sure, as I didn't know you could.:o

Been having grief with my BT fibre, wrote to CEO Ian Livingstone, he put an Executive Level Technician to deal with my problem, bit posher than a bt engineer.
Got an appointment booked Monday, so I will wait till then before blaming my Draytek.

Last edited:
Here for you all is the settings and proof it works.

First unlock your HG612 modem. username: admin, password: admin

1) Enable DHCP on modem/router:

2) Disable Bridge/DHCP;

3) Create NEW connection /with:
PPPoE username: [email protected]
PPPoE password: anything (I used BT)

13639757.png

84164073.png

DHCP Successful;
32270234.png

VDSL2 Connection Successful;
36469316.png

Thanks, been wanting to do this for a while!

Anyone have an idea how long it will be till BT enable vectoring? My connection sync rate swings from 69-75 depending on the time of day (was a solid 78Mbps while the cab was empty) .

Last edited:
before:
1995246195.png

after:
2111943577.png

took an hour or so for the BT guy to do his bit, said he was down here(In Ipswich fyi.) helping BTo in suffolk as they are rather busy still with the roll out, he was from Watford !(nearly 2 hour drive according to google ;)).

was hoping for abit more, am only 300m from cabinet by Road, but building is over 30 years old so :), either way, Max Payne is downloading at 5.8MB/s from steam atm :D

Back
Top Bottom