BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

mrbell1984 said:
I just installed my TP-Link 300 Wireless-N Powerlines with Netgear AV200 Powerlines and fully removed my HH3 from the network. I feel much better as I am using Google DNS Servers now directly from the HG612 router!

I spoke too soon. Anyone who wants to only use the FTTC router (NOT HH3) supplied by BT don't it's really unstable. Some of you may remember about the questions I was asking a few pages back and I'm beginning to have a lot of instability.

Last edited:
Go look for them. They look like this:

original

They come in different sizes, but the give away are the breathing fins on it.

Right, can't miss them then !!

Openreach have confirmed themselves that they've commissioned the cabinet and services available to order in November.

I emailed them myself as well. I just asked my MP to apply pressure in addition to my own correspondence.

Currently says September 2012 (the standard quarterly holding date) so I'm expecting this to update sometime after then...

Who/how did you contact BT about the issue, It seems I am in a similar position literally every cabinet around me is enabled but mine is not even on the list. :(

Does anyone still have the drilling template that came in the box with their HG612 modem? I need to know the hole spacing and the size of the keyholes in the back of the unit so I don't use screws with too large a head.

I honestly don't see why you'd want to pay so much extra money to avoid BT. It's not a small difference either. You'd have to have very specific requirements to make it worth the extra.

as a business user the whole "ring, ring, english person what is your problem as i will be right on your level after 10 seconds of conversation" is very appealing but the difference is huge i agree

Well yeah, exactly. Obviously if your internet connection is your livelihood then you need to take it seriously and not hunt down the cheapest service you can find. For the home user in 99% of cases Zen is not worth the extra money.

Last edited:
got bt infinity 2 fitted on august 3rd (swadlincote).

my speeds should be about 46mb down, 9up.

My upload speed remains constant, no problems at all, whenever i run a speed test i get the same upload speed.

my download speed is ALL OVER THE PLACE though, and im not happy AT ALL.
sometimes, some nights its fine - 48 odd mb constantly. Some nights, like right now - its at 2mb. ANd its all over the place, 2mb, 5mb, 1mb.

What the hell is going on?

im using the bt home hub 3.

is it the router? is it the line? should i be calling BT? (i am using wired connection)

Great find and its about time

You have redeemed yourself for your earlier, less helpful post of " Just deal with it" :cool:

On another note it will be interesting to see what the cabinet status is for people like myself who have had dates pushed back multiple times, i suspect most will show

NDRAM 38 - This has currently been deferred out of the program for technical reasons
NDTHA 8 - - This is in Delay, multiple delays inc, blockages. No date for deployment

because they will have been too scared to tell people this after initially assigning an estimated date, the system will just be rolling on the dates automatically as each date is missed

Last edited:
Got an interesting problem. If I download at full whack, about 9MB/s, my line will disconnect like it's fully saturated, never had a problem like it! I have to limit the connection to 8.8MB/s to keep it alive whilst downloading at maximum.

I've got a Netgear WNR3500 v2 and I've tried tomato and DD-WRT but still have the problem.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom