BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

It does by default, it's a setting you can turn off. Unless they've changed it to opt-in recently. Unless you have a static IP it's a bit difficult to keep track of your preference.

I had infinity 2 installed a month ago, I was quoted 53/13. I am only getting 38/8. Does bt give a discount, any one tried asking for one in a similar situation ?
They quote "up to" / "estimated" speeds, there's no guaranteed speeds. As long as you get above 15mbps download that's within their "acceptable speeds" for infinity, so no, you won't get a discount :p

Anyone else having massive problems with their service this morning?

Was fine before i went to bed last night, now its super slow, loads of packet loss, and i couldnt even get to this page (had to wait until i was at work).

Same thing as when they had an outage previously, i can't find any problem on their service status page though :(

Anyone else having massive problems with their service this morning?

Was fine before i went to bed last night, now its super slow, loads of packet loss, and i couldnt even get to this page (had to wait until i was at work).

Same thing as when they had an outage previously, i can't find any problem on their service status page though :(

Nope seems fine here...

2162848504.png

Did you reboot the router (HH3)?

So recently I have been unable to stream video over wifi using the supplied HH3 (yes, I should get a decent router) regardless of bit rate. When I finally got round to doing some investigation into the problem I noticed that BT Fon had been enabled on my router and the option to disable it in the routers control panel had been removed. BT gives assurances that my service will not be affected by this and it uses very little bandwidth, I am not convinced. A quick google later and I found the site I had to go to to opt out of this service I had disabled in the first place. Router settings were updated sometime today, BT Fon is no longer running on my router and I can stream video over wifi again.

So regardless of how much bandwidth it uses BT Fon totally screws up your wifi network.

Back
Top Bottom