BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

I checked a few days ago and I still had an end of September launch date, and I just checked again and now apparently I can order it. I'm not sure if I need to be excited or not as last time they told me I could get it (6 months ago I think) they had just cocked up the database and loads of people placed orders that were cancelled.

Oh I hope it's finally here!

Without tweaking on 135Mbps wireless connection which is a bit erratic during the test. Apparently my modem syncs at 80/20 but I can't be bothered with Ethernet cables any more.

Current firmware: V100R001C01B031SP12_L_B
Last updated: 21/07/12

I don't use the wireless on the HH3, I have an Edimax AP plugged into it, gives me a much better wireless speed.

Well, all ordered and booked currently for the 28th, howeve rI need to call Be in the morning and get my code to switch.

Fingers crossed, going from 4mb to 53mb estimated will be nice.

put your postcode into the following website

http://fttc-check.alc.im/

Yeah kinda done all that:-

fttc11.JPG

fttc22.JPG

fttc33.JPG

fttc44.JPG

fttc55.JPG

fttc66.JPG

Unfortunately I've seen the following promised dates been/gone:-

Sep-11
Dec-11
Apr-12
Jun-12

I know these dates are "indicative" but it does come a bit frustrating, especially when other people in my small rural town are able to get Infinity 2 ;)

I guess my biggest fear is that my line is connected to the Exchange, the probability seems low but I know what my luck-is-like!! Every indication from the websites is that I should be able to get it, but I've had my hopes up now for too long to kinda worry about it, at least my ADSL2+ connection is pretty good.

HEADRAT

Last edited:
According to BT engineer I had here, they had got well bhind schedule here & in other areas due to the poor weather we had a few months back with commissioning cabinets

Last edited:
Indeed. If I'd only been estimated 53mb "at the very best" there is no way I'd be ordering an "upto 78mb" connection, I'd be sticking to the 40mb one for less £££'s

Indeed. If I'd only been estimated 53mb "at the very best" there is no way I'd be ordering an "upto 78mb" connection, I'd be sticking to the 40mb one for less £££'s

Would that not just mean that instead of getting 53mb you only get 26?

Or is Infinity 2 very simply unlocking your download speed beyond 40mb rather than doubling whatever you are getting?

When I first started checking if I could get Infinity it said that I had a date of Dec 31st 2011 and that my download would be somewhere in the 26-27 mark iirc, it certainly wasn't 40.

Now when I check it shows at 53.

Headrat, it's safe to say you are NOT on a EO line and it's just a matter of time before you get FTTC.

Not all cabs get enabled together when the exchange goes live, most go live when they are ready, some take longer than others for various reasons.

Not all cabs get enabled together when the exchange goes live, most go live when they are ready, some take longer than others for various reasons.
Aye... It would be nice if BT hurried up and released the per-cab information.

I'm on a grandfathered O2 account at the moment, and the only FTTC cheap enough to move to would be Sky... Who I hate (Murdoch, bleh).
The next best I can see are ADSL24. Any other suggestions?

Well mine is enabled, was hoping for a better upload though.. its barely 1mb, the checker said 4mb and 1mb isnt even half way there.. getting best part of 20mb down.

I know my line is decent as well as i got 6mb on a 8mb max package.

Why do they supply you with a seperate modem / router ap as well.. seems random in this day and age.

Ok - need some advice about my BT Infinity / Networking set up if anybody can help.

After gettomg my BT Infinity setup I have a set up that looks like this

BT Modem > Home Hub 3 > Powerline Adaptors > PC

This is not ideal as it means I'm unable to plug my server / PS3 / XBOX 360 into the network, as they are situated nowhere near the HH.

I tried going with this set up BT Modem > Powerline Adaptors > Home Hub 3 > PC but noticed a massive drop in both upload and download speed, and a significantly worse ping.

Routing CAT 6 all around the room is an option but something I'd rather avoid if possible - however I don't see any other solutions - does anybody have any ideas?

Cheers

Rids: HH3 only has one gigabit ethernet port, the other three are just standard ethernet ports.

You could run a single ethernet cable from the HH3 to a gigabit switch close to the hifi, to serve the PS3, XBOX 360, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom