BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Hi,

They say there's a problem on the line.

We did the BT speed check and it says only 15MB from the exchange to us. So that's probably what's doing it.

If we're only losing 3MBs from the exchange then hopefully when it's up and running properly we'll get someone nearer 50MBs.

Hopefully.

Thats better :D

Just had a power cut, the modem wouldn't pick up the HH3 so after some mucking about power cycling different things at different times (HH3 on, power cycle modem did the trick!). Its now connected at 69.3/15.1 :cool:

Edit: Now 72.4/15.6, power cycle seems to have done a world of good.

Last edited:
Had mine installed on Wednesday, tis nice :).

2657935960.png

Yay! Roadworks.org is finally showing scheduled work to install fibre cabinets in my town in May. But, only 6 cabinets are marked so far and mine isn't one of them. I guess more will be done afterwards. When I was out waking the dog the other day I noticed some of the BT manhole covers near my cabinet have some yellow paint markings sprayed on them. Hope that's related

Yay! Roadworks.org is finally showing scheduled work to install fibre cabinets in my town in May. But, only 6 cabinets are marked so far and mine isn't one of them. I guess more will be done afterwards. When I was out waking the dog the other day I noticed some of the BT manhole covers near my cabinet have some yellow paint markings sprayed on them. Hope that's related

ZOMG Didn't know about that site!

OpenReach Superfast website just says "Future Exchange end of 2013" and BT WholeSale checker and BT Retail websites don't mention it coming at all.
I saw some OpenReach technicians fiddling around with the manhole covers near my cabinet last week... and looking on roadworks.org today it says:
Works Start: 03 May
End: 17 May
Medium impact, delays possible
Description : Install 3m of 1 way poly duct in Footway,Provide 1 Provide/Recover 1 NGA Cab and base (1.5m x 0.5m)
Current status: Advanced planning
Traffic lights, etc: None/signing only

:D :D :D

What does this new faceplate thing look like - does it look like the same as the normal one?

As far as I can tell it's the same one. Still getting slow speeds, checked the day the engineer did the work and it still had the original phone line cable that I connected and same filter...

Finally ordered Infinity Option 2, it's going to be a FTTH install which is great! Now I realise why I couldn't find any information on roadworks in my area :D

Back
Top Bottom