Call of Duty 2015/Black Ops 3?

Soldato
It is 10 days of data in total over 3 platforms so I'm guessing they'll get enough data.
I've got the beta for the Xbone for some stupid reason so before I play it I'll already know what's OP in the game :D

Soldato
I am just thinking that 5 days may give them plenty of information with respect to balancing of weapons. I am not sure it is long enough for people to some of the bugs / exploits that have been in previous COD's. I suppose it depends on what they release and how they release it i.e. some of the guns? all of the guns? will we have to unlock weapons/attachments or for beta purposes will it all be unlocked?

Soldato
It wouldn't surprise me if the beta doesn't contain the same stuff from all the gameplay we've seen so far. We'll probably get the same maps and maybe some of the weapons etc might have had a few tweaks.

Caporegime
I am just thinking that 5 days may give them plenty of information with respect to balancing of weapons. I am not sure it is long enough for people to some of the bugs / exploits that have been in previous COD's. I suppose it depends on what they release and how they release it i.e. some of the guns? all of the guns? will we have to unlock weapons/attachments or for beta purposes will it all be unlocked?

come off it

this isn't a beta, its a demo designed to rev up the hype train.

Soldato
come off it

this isn't a beta, its a demo designed to rev up the hype train.

I don't agree.. It looks at if they are trying to get the best player experience at launch by the sound of it. Having a couple of hundred/thousand beta testers round the world against millions is a huge amount of information they can filter, analyse and pick apart to ensure a good day 1 launch. If they fail at that with a 5 day beta and the raw statistics it will produce will not be good for them.

Or they could just add the teabag challenge back into the game... :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I don't agree.. It looks at if they are trying to get the best player experience at launch by the sound of it. Having a couple of hundred/thousand beta testers round the world against millions is a huge amount of information they can filter, analyse and pick apart to ensure a good day 1 launch. If they fail at that with a 5 day beta and the raw statistics it will produce will not be good for them.

Or they could just add the teabag challenge back into the game... :rolleyes:

a 5 day beta probably won't tell them anything they don't already know.

I'm not denying they are trying to get the best launch they can - every company tries to do that. But how many actual changes to code are made as a result of the beta like this? very little I'll tell you now.

Its a chance to build up the hype train and see if they've missed anything massive by letting the hordes loose on it. Its not a beta.

Soldato
a 5 day beta probably won't tell them anything they don't already know.

I'm not denying they are trying to get the best launch they can - every company tries to do that. But how many actual changes to code are made as a result of the beta like this? very little I'll tell you now.

Its a chance to build up the hype train and see if they've missed anything massive by letting the hordes loose on it. Its not a beta.

Well they will have millions of users data/connection stats/combat stats/level information/etc etc etc.. Of course it will tell them a lot more than they already know. Yes its a chance to build the hype but its not going to be a huge amount more than it already is.

see if they've missed anything massive by letting the hordes loose on it. Its not a beta.

LOL That's exactly what a beta is.. an unfinished snippet of the game that can have information relayed back to the devs to tweak the final code and put right issues that appear by people actually playing the game for a while. Granted its a lot bigger than other beta but still it is a beta.

Are you saying that if they beta came out and a huge flaw in the game was found they wouldn't do or be able to do, anything about it at this late stage?

Soldato
It's both. It's pretty hard/impossible to test net code in-house, without a lot of expensive network setup designed to simulate poor connection, crap routers, NAT issues, yada yada....and even then it's only a simulation, it'll never behave the same as the real world.

Chuck a beta out, get tons of real-world telemetry, get hype. Double win.

Soldato
You just need to pre-order the game from somewhere appropriate. Game was the only place I found last week that still were advertising beta. It isn't cheap from game but I figured if I want blops3 I will cancel the pre order and get it from somewhere else.

Soldato
No dedicated servers for blops 3...

Well there's a surprise :rolleyes: I think the beta is because the sales of COD are down every year and they're trying to get people to buy the series again, yet they won't invest in dedicated servers for the game? Even Rocket League has them!

As for the beta itself: you could call it a beta or a playable demo or whatever. The devs have apparently said they're doing on to test all the changes they've (apparently) made to the netcode for the game. That way when the game is released MP should work properly. Maybe.

Soldato
It looks quite interesting, but doesn't give me excitement. I think it will be a toned down AW (cut down boost/jumping stuff) and will last only a bit longer than AW before everyone goes back to blops2. It will probably be full of the maximum bs to attract as many people as possible but ironically this strategy has been causing their player base to die. If only theyd make a core shooter like blops 1.

Last edited:
Soldato
It looks quite interesting, but doesn't give me excitement. I think it will be a toned down AW (cut down boost/jumping stuff) and will last only a bit longer than AW before everyone goes back to blops2. It will probably be full of the maximum bs to attract as many people as possible but ironically this strategy has been causing their player base to die. If only theyd make a core shooter like blops 1.

I really hope this is true, I hated AW for this, played it for about a month before I got rid.

Hopefully BO3 will have another Nuketown, I love that map.

Soldato
Nuketown was everything I loved and hated about CoD. I never felt I had a mediocre game on nuketown, either the game went with me and it was frantic fun or against me and it was frustrating deaths. Even if Blops3 comes in at 50/50 for fun/frustrating it would still be 90% better than ghosts and AW.

Soldato
Nuketown and Hijacked(which is basically Nuketown on a boat) are 2 of the worst maps in COD history. Only kids with ADHD like maps like them. Why people like to constantly get spawn killed I can't understand.

Caporegime
depends what sort of player you are.

I was most at home on Blops 1 running the ASK74u, lightweight pro, marathon pro, just running round that map like a madman charging at everybody I was usually the one doing the spawn killing because i played it very agressively. I never got a very good killstreak or a good KD because unless your Sandy Ravage you can't play hyper aggressive and rack up high KD ratios. But it was still fun even though you died a lot.

The map was the epitomy of what we ask for in call of duty maps, 3 lanes with close range encounters and constantly attacking the people in front of you. Yes the spawns flipped a lot because it was so small, but you always knew when they'd flipped and where they'd flipped to. There were sniper camp spots in the upstairs of the house but due to the sheer accessibility of them were very hard to defend and if a team put their mind to it, they were going to die no matter how hard they camped.

You couln't play nuketown by hanging back and trying to set up a good kill streak and controlling your engagements. If you were that sort of player nuketown was no fun.

Every COD needs at least one nuketown / hijacked clone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom