Call of Duty 2015/Black Ops 3?

Caporegime
Last game I bought was Blops2.

2 questions:

1) Will this game have zombies mode (that's the only mode I really continue playing after a couple of weeks as it's co-op)

2) Will this be 1080p 60fps on PS4/XB1. I would love zombies mode to "feel" faster.

rp2000

Soldato
Last game I bought was Blops2.

2 questions:

1) Will this game have zombies mode (that's the only mode I really continue playing after a couple of weeks as it's co-op)

2) Will this be 1080p 60fps on PS4/XB1. I would love zombies mode to "feel" faster.

rp2000

Im sure the 60fps 1080p on PS4 has been confirmed not to sure about the One. It also has a Zombie mode with a lot more depth, check some videos out it looks really good.

Soldato
.....guys the bottom line is it will have all the same inherent problems as the last 5 games and you all know it. If you hate insta deaths, camping, poor netcode, poor matchmaking, OP snipers, limited-or-no dedis, lag comp and so on and so forth then it is probably a good idea to refrain from buying it.

If you really want CoD to improve - stop buying it.

Simples.

I stopped buying after ghosts. I doubt I will get a new console just for blops 3 unless it's amazing, which I also doubt. Also, according to thunder there is a Drift0r video knocking around with worries over the special abilities possibly being the predictable bs factor.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Im sure the 60fps 1080p on PS4 has been confirmed not to sure about the One. It also has a Zombie mode with a lot more depth, check some videos out it looks really good.

All the videos I can find are called "gameplay trailer" but actually just show cutscenes and/or CGI! No actual gameplay, unless I am skimming the videos and missing it?

Edit: Didn't realise the other 2 COD games on PS4 were already 1080p 60fps, so that answers that question!

Easily done with a handy FOV slider.....

Oh wait.
I didn't get this, unless you are referring to a feature in the PC version and making some sort of joke that it isn't on consoles? I'm not really interested in the PC version, tbh.

rp2000

Caporegime
IMO zombies is what makes this game worth buying. Without it would be terrible value for money as it's the same game re-skinned.

I opted to vote with my money last time and buy BF4 instead of COD but the BF4 engine just feels so clunky. I don't get on with BF at all.

I would love it if Bungie made a FPS game on ps4. Destiny crucible but obviously with a lot more game modes, guns, classes, etc. Their engine and game mechanics are one of the best I've seen on a console. The only games that I think come close are timesplitters and the original socom (ps2).

Bungie certainly know how to make a fps engine.

Soldato
I didn't get this, unless you are referring to a feature in the PC version and making some sort of joke that it isn't on consoles? I'm not really interested in the PC version, tbh.

rp2000

Bingo! An easy feature that consoles never get and it is highly frustrating because the general default is something crap like 65 FOV, so it is like playing in a tunnel.

Upping FOV makes you more spacially aware as well as making the game 'feel' faster. The only downside is things are a little further away but that isn't a massive issue.

Yeah adjustable FOV is a common PC feature in FPS games that never seems to make it over to consoles for some reason.

Exactly my point - it has been a feature on online FPS games on PC since as far back as I remember. Indeed it is very much a basic feature expected in an online FPS title and consoles never get it. Perhaps it is because they won't maintain 60FPS or something?

Either way it is shoddy if you ask me. FOV should be at least 90 by default IMO, with the game allowing different FOV's based on the aspect ratio of the screen and the preferences of the player.

Caporegime
I've not used a slider (long time since I played a FPS on a PC), but I do recall in "older" games you could type a command or edit an ini file and the Field of View could be altered (maybe it was Quake 3 or UT). But, as I recall, it made things look strange or squashed or something like that. It gave you a view like an Alien as I recall (but I guess that means I changed the FOV too much!!)

Wouldn't the console/pc have to show "more" on screen if you adjusted the field of view, hence you would need more performance or something like that?

rp2000

Soldato
not really comparable FOV is a personal preference. Some people up it because otherwise they get motion sickness.

Graphical quality settings are there for hardware differences.

Larger field of view means more things on screen, it impacts performance, hence why it's not an option you see on consoles.

Soldato
Pretty poor if current gen consoles can't cope with 90 FOV at 60 FPS. I love my PS4, but it just does not cut it for me in FPS titles. Thankfully there are plenty of other genres to play :)

I look forward to the day that online FPS on consoles get all of the customisation and features of PC titles but without the hax :)

Caporegime
Pretty poor if current gen consoles can't cope with 90 FOV at 60 FPS. I love my PS4, but it just does not cut it for me in FPS titles. Thankfully there are plenty of other genres to play :)

I look forward to the day that online FPS on consoles get all of the customisation and features of PC titles but without the hax :)

consoles aren't built for customisation they are built as a generic form of gaming.

Caporegime

as already outlined, it will never be implemented because of the extra horsepower it takes.

The graphics levels are pushed to the absolute extreme to ensure they get the best fidelity for their chosen fps and resolution.

Changing the FOV without upping the console power will cause frame rates to drop.

But what would prevent the developers from building in the FOV slider, and when the users up the FOV the game automatically drops the draw distance, or the drops the resolution etc.. with a warning to the user.

You want increased FOV ? sure you can have it, if your willing to compromise.

But console gamers are apparently not intelligent enough to be given that choice.

consoles aren't built for customisation they are built as a generic form of gaming.

Ask yourself why though. Given how close the current generation are to PCs, theres no technical reason. Its just because its easy for the devs and they perceive their isn't the demand for it.

Back
Top Bottom