Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Soldato
I am very stuck now on the level after "All Ghillied Up" which itself was fantastic, but trying to escape is a total nightmare do you hide, or just run for it?, nearly made it but a dog got me, never been able to kill a dog with when its on top of me yet, is there a secret?

Soldato
I am very stuck now on the level after "All Ghillied Up" which itself was fantastic, but trying to escape is a total nightmare do you hide, or just run for it?, nearly made it but a dog got me, never been able to kill a dog with when its on top of me yet, is there a secret?

Wait a second before clicking the right stick, you need to click it as it starts its bite, too early and it'll get you anyway, too late and you're dead anyway :p

That part I just sniped the first few men then just legged it, grab a machine gun from a corpse ASAP, it makes running and fighting a bit easier.

Man of Honour
***Spoiler - maybe ***

I am now absolutely completely fed up with the bit when you're on the farm and you have to get back down the hill passing ALL THOSE ****ING MEN to the LZ.

Seriously, I've done it like 100 times now and it is so frustratingly difficult.

Soldato
What an awesome game, the Spectre gunship mission was so realistic, the dev team have clearly seen that AC-130 vid on youtube and used it for inspiration http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUpk0XLHK8

I'm doing it on Hardened which is a good balance not to hard but not easy.

'All ghillied up' was brilliant, apart from the end of it which took me 1:15mins and I nearly launched my pad out the window. There were so many grenades coming in at one point they were killing there own men that were right on top of me, and the dogs... annoying!

Soldato
***Spoiler - maybe ***

I am now absolutely completely fed up with the bit when you're on the farm and you have to get back down the hill passing ALL THOSE ****ING MEN to the LZ.

Seriously, I've done it like 100 times now and it is so frustratingly difficult.

Yeah it is heh, I actually found a good route in the end.

Have you made it as far as the end of the field where the fence is? I think there's a tractor on left. There's a checkpoint in the little hut on the left.

From that hut smoke the fence right by the tractor, hop over and smoke immediately in front of you as well so the road is smoked up to the barrier. Run across the road, over the barrier and down the slope into the house.

In the house you can see out the windows down to the extraction point, throw a smoke out of the window down the hill a bit then just leg it out the house and down the hill. Just kinda stay as left as you can, some guys might start shooting you from behind but once you get to the chopper you're OK.

That's how I did it in the end.

Associate
The epilogue on veteran is the single most frustrating part of a game in computer gaming history.

i agree. I noticed there is an acheivment for completing it on veteran. Im not the best player around, but i consider myself quite decent at FPS. And i just cannot complete it!

But going to keep trying!!

Soldato
i agree. I noticed there is an acheivment for completing it on veteran. Im not the best player around, but i consider myself quite decent at FPS. And i just cannot complete it!

But going to keep trying!!

I've been trying for 4 days now, I've made it to the VIP twice and shot him instead of the terrorist both times /cry

I've done it on hardened no problem, Veteran is making me cry.

Man of Honour
Absolutely incredible game so far, in both SP and MP modes. Definitely up there with Bioshock for Game of the Year so far. The SP is very well done and just makes you want to carry on playing (except at 4am when you can't keep your eyes open any more :D).

Soldato
I've been trying for 4 days now, I've made it to the VIP twice and shot him instead of the terrorist both times /cry

I've done it on hardened no problem, Veteran is making me cry.

Same it so annoying it just pure luck more then skill made it to the end twice now like you and i missed headshot. :(

You only get 56 secs to get up there i can make it up but getting through packed corridor without getting shot is annoying. :eek:

Soldato
wooop i can finally talk about this game... all ghillied up was my fav level, i did the game on hardened and the end when u are waiting for the helicopter to arrive was a bitch. i managed to do it tho by planting claymores and choke points and c4 where enemies rush u, then just snipered everyone from a bush...

tried multiplayer and its great, like it as much as halo3 online. sadly guitar hero 2 has reared its ugly head and my friend gave me back my guitar so i need to play rockstar before i come back to cod :)

Associate
TV Station is too damn hard on Veteran. Is this the hardest level in the game? I don't fancy playing even harder levels still after I finally beat this one. Might as well give up now. It's not so much hard, but unfair. Grenade warnings from literally all four sides. I mean, come on.

Soldato
Loved the MP beta and the full game is even better, why did they schedule so many AAA titles so close together?! This, Mario Galaxy, Crysis, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed and probably others I have forgotten, sometimes I long to be a student again and to have all day to play games rather than an hour here or there after work!

Back
Top Bottom