Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Soldato
I'm not sure what to do.

I got a PC that can play the demo of COD4 but not great. It's obviously going to look and run better on my PS3. But I want good online, is it as good as PC online... just without the mouse and keyboard?

It is fantastic on the PS3 online (as i'm sure it is on the PC\360 too) I have been playing it every night since it came out, probably the best MP game on the PS3 next to Warhawk and RB6Vegas.

Associate
I brought the Ps3 version. Been enjoying it. Kind of ****** off with windows gaming.

I wish consoles had 64 players too but i doubt p2p would handle that well. Dedicated servers on the PS3 game would have been nice. Much like UT3 and Warhawk.

Caporegime
Anyone got any good tips for the All in level? I've thrown the smoke, blown the tank with C4. Currently hiding past the room marked with a 2. The best walkthrough i've found says....

"Take cover in the building marked with '2'. Exit towards the
east, hugging the buildings on the right. You'll advance towards a gatehouse,
where one of your soldiers will blow the gate with a charge"

I can't advance anywhere because there isn't any cover lol

Edit ignore after about 100 reloads I finally lucked through it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Where exactly does this game checkpoint on the 9 minute mission??

I guess i'm too slow so it won't checkpoint?

I kill the first 2 corridors of men and go downstairs to the door at around the 7 minute mark. I carry on from there and I die. Is there no CP for this level?

Caporegime
Ah just read you have to get to the stairs in 7.45 or it doesnt CP. Also if you dont hunt around for the extra flashbangs it sometimes doesn't CP.

This level is annoying the pap out of me. Gonna leave it for a day or so.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I find it hard enough on regular, god knows how long it must take on veteran :o

on veteran for me, it becomes a chore, rather than fun

I wish I'd of just done it on regular and enjoyed the experience, but alas i started it on veteran, and the fun was sucked straight out of it after the first 50 tries of nearly every level

Associate

I wish I'd of just done it on regular and enjoyed the experience, but alas i started it on veteran, and the fun was sucked straight out of it after the first 50 tries of nearly every level

Yep! I dropped it down to hardened for the last few levels. It was just too annoying. I wasn't concentrating on the experience, just avoiding sudden death.

In other news, I did the training thing in less than 20 seconds. Yay!

Caporegime

I think that's exactly the same for me. I wouldn't play another game like this that way again. I probably pre achievement system never played a game on anything other than normal.

I remember trying Brothers in arms on Vet and thinking sod that for a game of soldiers. Its hard to judge sometimes because game skill level is so varied.

I think Vet on this is pants tbh. I have died in the same spot 50 times using the same method of sprinting to stop the re-spawn. I can sit there are gun fight using my best skills for 10 minutes but it all comes down to stoping that spawning.

If it wasn't for that I'd have put it up there as one of the best games I've played this year.The atmosphere is stunning, they have done a good job of making a tired way of playing a shooter absorbing.

With a R6 or Graw2 cover system this would be one of the greats.

Caporegime
Im the same, playing on veteran is fustrating me a bit. TO be honest though I am getting through it at an ok pace. Best thing I have found is to stop and come back later if you can't get past a bit.

I am now trying to get from the barn with airstrikes to the the LZ. Damn hard! This is where veteran is annoying, the sheer amount of men firing at you means you are relying on luck more than skill to get past them.

Back
Top Bottom