Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Caporegime
But I do play games online :(.
I've never played Halo3 in SP, I played over 60 games online in Fifa 08 (in 2 weeks), I played GRAW2 online almost exclusively as I did chapters 2 and 3 in a day in SP and never went back.
I played PGR3 online almost exclusively for the first few weeks, then went to the SP campaign because I had so many other games to play (and I started playing it at 5am when I woke up).
Gears of War I hammered online for well over a month.
I played Counter-Strike for 3 years playing for some of the top teams in the country.
I played Counter-Strike: Source for a year, playing for the top teams in the country.
I played Battlefield 2 for 6 months.

I do buy SP games more than MP games, but I've never been shy in saying games should have a rock solid SP first and foremost unless it's MP only.

I didn't like GRAW in SP or MP really, but I did like GRAW2.

Caporegime
I do buy SP games more than MP games, but I've never been shy in saying games should have a rock solid SP first and foremost unless it's MP only.

I didn't like GRAW in SP or MP really, but I did like GRAW2.

Well COD 4 isn't really being sold as a MP game so the length of SP should surely bring both the score down? I'm sure they only tag on a 5 hour campaign so they can charge money for it being a full game instead of a multiplayer game.

I spammed you with GRAW2 invites and nothing :p It must be me then :(

Gears is the only game I ever remember you playing a lot online. If my memory holds up you said something about wanting to get the full 1000 points on that. How did that go? :p

You will play COD twice, then move onto mass effect or assasins creed and you know it. I will then ***** Cod cheap off you. Everyone wins :D

Last edited:
Associate
Well, we just took delivery of 100 copies of COD4 for the 360, should be able to get it on the pod tomorrow and have a play around, and then pick it up myself on Friday on the PS3...or PC, can't decide which.

Liam

Soldato
Well COD 4 isn't really being sold as a MP game so the length of SP should surely bring both the score down? I'm sure they only tag on a 5 hour campaign so they can charge money for it being a full game instead of a multiplayer game.

Shadowrun never seemed to chop money off due to it being a MP game :)

5 hours SP does seem short, but that is probably on easy running through it, MOH Airbourne was quite short too, but enjoyable all the same, we will just have to see how long the MP lasts, but going by the Beta then it will be pretty much packed with players every night :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Don't mean to start a riot, but wasn't BioShock a short SP too (not to mention no multiplayer)? Didn't stop that getting all the 10/10 awards.

Also, the fun of the Call of Duty games is playing on the hard settings :)

PS.. Nokkon, accept my PSN user addition request.. please.

Caporegime
Don't mean to start a riot, but wasn't BioShock a short SP too (not to mention no multiplayer)? Didn't stop that getting all the 10/10 awards.

Also, the fun of the Call of Duty games is playing on the hard settings :)

PS.. Nokkon, accept my PSN user addition request.. please.

I didnt think bioshock was short at all. Still took me about 15ish hours. GRAW2was about as short as COD4 sounds.

It looks ok, i've downloaded a few vids but I think the bar has been set. These sort of games need co-op for the single player games. I pretty much expect that in a high scoring game now.

I did just look around to see what price its available at but can't find anything near the £30 mark so will hold off. Most games are available for about that a day or so after release so I wont pre-order.

Soldato
Yeah I didn't think Bioshock was as short as some people made it out to be but then I played it through on hard and explored everywhere for diaries and whatnot along the way rather than just blasting through.

Caporegime
Another game along with Assassins Creed that im looking forward to, from the reviews that ive read it seems like its going to be a heck of a game. Only problem is finding the time to play it along with AC, PGR4 and Madden 08:p...

Soldato
gah, i miss playing on xbox live, the missus laffs at me, and I havent quite trained her to emulate miss K yet (i.e enjoy gears of war) although she does love her DS.

Anyhoo I must get back into xbox live, used to love my hoover chainsaw on our old gears of war sessions

Man of Honour
Davey I understand the bit about it being slower but for me the days should be long gone where you sidestep round a wall to shoot someone. R6 was perfect with the cover system and the maps where hugely varied.

The cover system in R6 was indeed excellent, but it's a relatively new addition to the genre (in my eyes only Gears and R6 have nailed it pretty much spot on), but I don't find it essential to games. Indeed, when the games are more fast paced like in COD4 I think it would be out of place as more emphasis is placed on moving around and getting quick kills.

To my mind, a great online shooter needs 3 things - great maps with variety between them all, varied game modes, and reasons to carry on playing when you've tried them all. From what I've read, COD4 has the first 2 covered, and I know that the 3rd bit is covered in terms of unlocking stuff as you progress through the MP mode.

Each to their own though, I've always said life would be boring if we all loved the same things :)

Back
Top Bottom